Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Securing trunk items

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Securing trunk items

I agree the site is slower now. Half the time I click on a link it either takes forever or says Page Cannot Be Displayed...
Old 07-12-2007, 05:39 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman
Ah, I see. Does it say Saleen on it anywhere or is it the typical cigarette lighter compressor that you can get at Walmart?
Also, with these tires if you go flat isn't it pretty much detrimental - rendering a compressor worthless [&:] About the only thing I can figure is if somebody lets the air out as a joke.
I think their "compressor" is really a fix-a-flat style product.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:17 PM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

sowaxeman-- If you have a slow leak and a 2007 car, the Federally-mandated low pressure warning system would let you know, probably in time to use the sealant goop that comes with the compressor.

The padded bag idea sounds good. I may still apply padding to the inside of the quarter panels. Really, the trunk liner is super thin...
Old 07-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: mills281e

I actually had a reply the two times prior to entering this[:'(]......anybody else having problems posting on the forum recently???
For a couple days, ending yesterday, I had many posts that would go to "page cannot be diplayed" page and would lose my post [:@]I learned after about 4 times to "copy" my post so I wouldn't have to re-write it.

Jazzer on great novels are not written they are edited
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

[blockquote]quote:

I actually had a reply the two times prior to entering this[:'(]......anybody else having problems posting on the forum recently???
[/blockquote]

For a couple days, ending yesterday, I had many posts that would go to "page cannot be diplayed" page and would lose my post [:@]I learned after about 4 times to "copy" my post so I wouldn't have to re-write it.
My original answer was.....I don't have the first damn clue.....Breaking Away and Quicksilver are the two flat tire-ridden movies that come to mind . I give up....
Old 07-13-2007, 01:34 AM
abbas
3rd Gear Member

I placed the compressor in the leg space of my backseat otherwise it kept getting bounced around in the trunk.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
4redude

[/align]
[blockquote]

In the trunk of my '01 coupe, I got a generic clothes bar (the kind that hang the from coat hooks above rear quarter windows) and bought a couple extra "T" wingnuts that the Ford factory cargo net hangs from behind the tailights. Iremoved large black flat-head retainers and screwed the "T" wingnuts onto a couple studs (used for securing moulded carpet side panels) just forward of trunk opening but rearward of speaker shelf. I removed cargo net from stock location, ran clothes bar through tan colored loop in center of net and put end loops of net through the "U" shaped hook on end of clothes bar. Hang bar on "T" wingnuts and then twist net loops around 180^ and hang on wingnuts to help secure bar. Hardest part was contorting myself to get a good visual and stretching net at same time. Finally I folded down rear seats and laid on my back to do it. I keep a spare quart of oil, a fire extinguisher (new in box), car duster with some towels and Wipe-n-Shine in there. Radical turns etc. and no problems. If you need to store something in trunk larger than the approximate half-sized area you see between net and trunk latch (like a car cover) it can easily be pushed underneath or around the sides of the net. Works great!
Brian

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

In the trunk of my '01 coupe, I got a generic clothes bar (the kind that hang the from coat hooks above rear quarter windows) and bought a couple extra "T" wingnuts that the Ford factory cargo net hangs from behind the tailights. Iremoved large black flat-head retainers and screwed the "T" wingnuts onto a couple studs (used for securing moulded carpet side panels) just forward of trunk opening but rearward of speaker shelf. I removed cargo net from stock location, ran clothes bar through tan colored loop in center of net and put end loops of net through the "U" shaped hook on end of clothes bar. Hang bar on "T" wingnuts and then twist net loops around 180^ and hang on wingnuts to help secure bar. Hardest part was contorting myself to get a good visual and stretching net at same time. Finally I folded down rear seats and laid on my back to do it. I keep a spare quart of oil, a fire extinguisher (new in box), car duster with some towels and Wipe-n-Shine in there. Radical turns etc. and no problems. If you need to store something in trunk larger than the approximate half-sized area you see between net and trunk latch (like a car cover) it can easily be pushed underneath or around the sides of the net. Works great!
Brian
A picture would literally be worth a thousand words here .
Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Mills!! Classic! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Brian
A picture would literally be worth a thousand words here .
Haha to be honest I stoppped reading it after the second line lol...couldnt agree more Mills

Quick Reply: Securing trunk items