Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

STEVE SALEEN CAR SIGNING

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

Default STEVE SALEEN CAR SIGNING

Now that steve saleen retired ... How do i go about getting him to sign my car?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: STEVE SALEEN CAR SIGNING

Well,

If you could find ZX Automotive's So. Cal offices I bet you could intercept him in the parkinglot. It would be easy to spot the possie. Steve and Liz picked up a new S331 sport truck and a new S281 S/C the day before he "retired". Also, Billy, Johnny, Molly and others I'm sure are still driving a Saleen Mustang. It should be fairly easy to spot a parking lot with all of those cars in one place. Hell, you could spot Molly's car from space.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:55 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

I was in the process of mailing out my glove box for steve to sign it when he retired. I cleared everything with pati and had it all packed and ready to go. Then Steve "retired."

I gave Pati a call just to confirm before I mailed it out and she told me that he was unable to sign it since he's not exactly around the offices anymore.

Guess I'm out of luck since I'm on the east coast....

Old 10-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Chuckdoc
3rd Gear Member

I never thought this would be an issue considering the 'retirement'. The press releases alluded to the fact that he would be around on a consultant basis - just having my name on the car would be enough for me to make time to sign it if an owner requested. They need to find a better way to approach this.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chuckdoc

I never thought this would be an issue considering the 'retirement'. The press releases alluded to the fact that he would be around on a consultant basis - just having my name on the car would be enough for me to make time to sign it if an owner requested. They need to find a better way to approach this.
Well, Pati told me that they don't really see him anymore....so it would be hard to communicate the request to him. Maybe I can call to ZXAuto!

I really wanted to get my glove box signed. I bought all the packaging and everything and was ready to mail it out with return postage included.

Hey...maybe one of the saleen people on here could pull a few strings for me! Jared? Spring? You guys have Steve's home number?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A1SALEEN

Now that steve saleen retired ... How do i go about getting him to sign my car?
Steve and Liz were at Mustangs Northwest in '07 and he was doing some signing... that's up in Bellevue, only a little cruise from you. Steve and Liz go to that show almost every year, so just keep your eyes and ears open for another appearance.

While Steve does plan to be at such events in the future, there's nothing's inked on the calendar just yet.

There will be announcements on SOEC's forum when we have notice of any such future appearances, but his schedule is often times very last minute.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 AM
A1SALEEN
3rd Gear Member

I was going to send Pati my air bag cover for him to sign... I was told the same thing as eviligloo... he retired
i have been told he shows up every year for the stampeed in Bellevue.. but now that he is retired who knows.........
Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A1SALEEN

I was going to send Pati my air bag cover for him to sign... I was told the same thing as eviligloo... he retired
i have been told he shows up every year for the stampeed in Bellevue.. but now that he is retired who knows.........
I think the Stampede is a different event, so you may be a little confused, but you've got the city right.

And yes, he resigned his duties at Saleen Inc. in May. But like I said before, he and Liz were at Bellevue's Mustangs Northwest show in July -- 2 months later.

Steve's always tried to support that event, so he and Liz attended on their own to show their support for the enthusiasts and the event. Their attendance and participation was independent of Saleen, Inc., and as far as I know nobody at Saleen Inc. even knew he would be there (aside from Molly, Clint and Sean, who were still there before their recent "retirement").

Try to attend Mustangs Northwest next year, and just maybe he'll be there... no guarantees, but it's a nice event nonetheless.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eviligloo

ORIGINAL: Chuckdoc

Well, Pati told me that they don't really see him anymore....so it would be hard to communicate the request to him. Maybe I can call to ZXAuto!

I really wanted to get my glove box signed. I bought all the packaging and everything and was ready to mail it out with return postage included.

Hey...maybe one of the saleen people on here could pull a few strings for me! Jared? Spring? You guys have Steve's home number?

Look for Steve at some events early next year, especially in Southern California... keep your ears peeled, and SOEC will have a heads-up. He's promised he'll be around, but right now he's pretty busy with his new projects. If something changes, we'll let you know.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Too bad I live on the east coast. Don't believe I'll be seeing him around here anytime soon.

If he's in the area, though...I'd offer him a free steak dinner to stop by! Free room and board too!

Quick Reply: STEVE SALEEN CAR SIGNING