Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

POWDER COATING FINALLY DONE...WHEELS!!! PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: POWDER COATING FINALLY DONE...WHEELS!!! PICS*

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Back on topic - the car looks awesome!! Buy a set of stainless inserts, sand them up a little and spray them black before you apply them - problem solved.
+1...very easy
Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 PM
dvf1973
2nd Gear Member

honestly i think you should look at the black titanium, they are really slick,
Old 03-07-2008, 04:02 PM
cbgammel05
2nd Gear Member

good point both of ya'll. except the black titanium are very expensive. 105 friggin dollars for inserts...i think the regs are just 49.95 + some rattle cans and clear coat...which i already have...hmm i dunno. we'll see when i get paid lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
sal07b
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

OMG - Stryper rocks man [sm=icon_rock.gif] No joke, I was just jamming to To Hell w/the Devil yesterday [sm=icon_rofl.gif]Oz Fox is a hell of an axeman, and his yellow/black axe's back in the day were Charvel's - my fav

Back on topic - the car looks awesome!! Buy a set of stainless inserts, sand them up a little and spray them black before you apply them - problem solved.
LOL, gotta love the 80's! Hey wait, that's Tesla, no...Whitesnake, uh Warrant, yea that's...uh, yea, Stryper, that's them. My wife is 6 years younger then I am and says that all the 80's bands look and sound the same (w/ the exception of Twisted Sister of course...LOL). I started to argue with her, but then.... Yea, guess she has a point! I think I'll start a new thread on the 80's to avoid a hi-jack of this one...
Old 03-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Say When
3rd Gear Member

I like them too. Normally, I'm not a fan of the all black wheels but they look good on that yellow car. 1. they look good. 2. you don't have to wipe the brake dust off them everyday.

I wonder what they would look like with a yellow pinstripe around the edge? Something like this.

Please no more Stryper pics please.I guess there's nothing we can do about that since our worthy Mod is a glam band lover![8D]

Sorry Jas, I couldn't help myself.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

I want those Axis wheels (not painted like that) but I just love the design and how they sit/look
Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
dvf1973
2nd Gear Member

yeah a few months ao i revisited te 80s and rebought a bunch of old rock and metal, i now realize why i dont listen to much of it anymore, however slayer,metallica,iron maiden, megadeth and a few others will always have a special place...

as for the inserts, krylon now makes some really nice metallics, so that may be a good option, or hell just powder coat them like ya did the rims...
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Say When

Please no more Stryper pics please.I guess there's nothing we can do about that since our worthy Mod is a glam band lover![8D]

Sorry Jas, I couldn't help myself.
Guilty [8D] But its not so much the HAIR/GLAM band thing that I got hooked on, it was all the killer axe-slingers that were instrumental to their sound. Warrant, Whitesnake, Dokken, Ratt, Poison, Scorps, Stryper, Firehouse, Ratt (I could go on & on) all featured kick *** guitarist, all of which had a big influence on the way I play. In fact, the other day I was kickin' it to the first Firehouse CD, and the more I listened to it the more I could really here where my guitar style came from on my two favorite songs that S.O.W recorded (90 Days & Put Me Down)

If anybody has that first Firehouse CD or can get your mits on it - put it in and LISTEN to it, not for the vocals or cheezy tag-lines, but for the SOUND. The guitars sound incredible and the bass & drums sound amazing. Whoever engineered that CD knew what the hell he/she was doing.

OK - off my off-topic & music soapbox know [8D]

Oh yeah....the car does look sick now with the black rims, but Say has a good point on the yellow stripe. Perhaps you could try it out first with a thin roll of yellow pin-stripe to see if you like it.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:57 AM
cbgammel05
2nd Gear Member

mmmmmm....ive always considered that a lil' ricey...but i might buy some thin yellow masking tape and put it on just to see what it looks like. thanks for the ideas guys!

my creative gears are turning lol...bum bum bummmm
Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Very sexy car.

Quick Reply: POWDER COATING FINALLY DONE...WHEELS!!! PICS*