Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Blacks Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Default Blacks Automotive

Has anyone ever dealt with Blacks Auto in Florida? I am heading down there to look at a car next week and wanted to get some customer impressions..
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Blacks Automotive

Everything i have read on assorted forums has all been positive.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

No direct experience....but they seem to move a ton of Saleens.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Red6
2nd Gear Member

WellI boughtmy Saleenoff ofBlacks on ebay sight unseen. I was asured by Mike the owner it was in perfect condition which was a total lie so beware.

I had it shipped all the wayfrom Florida to California in an enclosed trailer (1500 bucks).

Well first off the trailerInoticed thatthe reartires were dangerously bald (they didn’t describe that in the auction or by Mike), second there was a substantial curb mark on the front bumperfascia (again not described in the auction or by Mike), andthird it had a check engine light and ran horribly (lastly not described in the auction or by Mike).

I was pissed andbought it down to the Ford dealer right away! Ithen found out that there was a cylinder coil that was burned out.

The techused to work for an auction and explained to me that the reason the cylinder coilmight be burned out is becausemy Saleenwas probablybought at anauction. So he said he would knowfor sure once he pulled the spark plug.

The plug was taken out and sure enough it smashed against a curb (so the car would run like ish) ensuingblacks would get a good deal on it at auction. The coil burned out because the spark plug was fudged up (dented)! With a little research I found out indeed it was re-bought at an auction by Blacks.

Pissed I called mike at Blacksfor reason one, two, and three.

The answer theyagreed to pay for the burned cylinder coil (eventhough they denied buying it at auction and doing the deed) but would not spring for new tires nor the bo bo on the front bumper.Mike told me that it was described that way in the auction (which it was not) and that is was my problem.

I then had to spend more money to fix a so called perfect vehicle bybuying new tires andrepaniting the front bumper. They totally misrepresented the car and Mike blatantlylied to me tomakethe sell.

As result I would not ever give them my business and I did leave them neutral feedback (I should have left them negative in retrospect).

Honestly if you are going to buy a car from them have everything checked out anddont believe Mike or any salesman until you do so.

I would never buy from them or recommend them to anyone.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red6
The techused to work for an auction and explained to me that the reason the cylinder coil could be burned out is becausemy Saleenwas probablybought at anauction. So he said he would knowfor sure once he pulled the spark plug.

The plug was taken out and sure enough it smashed against a curb (so the car would run like ish) ensuingblacks would get a good deal on it at auction. The coil burned out because the spark plug was fudged up (dented)! With a little research I found out indeed it was re-bought at an auction by Blacks.
Wow! Holy shady mothereffers Batman! Stay away from them!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Trackstar1319
1st Gear Member

I got m y Car from Blacks and before i Did all I heard was good stuff. I do Have ONe friend that Bough a car recently from them though and the engine blew, so they Got him
out of his contract And into a new car, BUT................. They trying to make him pay for the blown Engine. Pretty Gay.

And also I Got my car with 69k on it and have put 10k since and the 2nd and 3rd synchros Are getting really bad. but other than that Service was good.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 AM
SMOKE
2nd Gear Member

Good info Red6, didn't know you went through so much drama during your purchase.
Man, like most I've heard positives and few negatives. Will advise others of your ordeal.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Well, I am heading down there to look at a car on Tuesday, if anyone knows a reputable shop I can bring the car to, I would appreciate it..
Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 AM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

Here is the Carfax on the car. What is up with the 2nd owner as a lease? I am assuming Blacks is the lease holder. How could it be on a lease?

[IMG]local://upfiles/82754/3DB858782D9C4294BD4F4204122353D6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: mills281e

... but they seem to move a ton of Saleens.
Not saying much, since just selling ONE is about 2 tons [8D]

Jazzer ridin' mills 'til he breaks

Quick Reply: Blacks Automotive