Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Busy Weekend En La Cochera De La Axeman......

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default Busy Weekend En La Cochera De La Axeman......

....thats, garage of the axeman.....

I made a lot of progress this weekend, getting ready for the cruising season around here. I logged nearly 16 hours in the garage on Friday night and Saturday. It was pretty easy to do as my wife had the house full of women for some jewerly party/girls night, and then Saturday she spent the day visiting with her mom, sis, and our nephew. So a full weekend of me-time!

Friday night I did a clay-bar and complete 3 step compound/polish/wax on the '85, and man did the paint really come out good this time Looks considerably better than when I did it last year. Saturday morning I helped a fellow club member doan oil change, wheel cleaning and tire rotation on his Bullitt. After he left I put the Saleen up on jack-stands and went to work.....oil change, chrome polish on the wheels (inside & out), complete under carraige and suspension detail, painted the front calipers and applied Saleen logos, and installed a Saleen billet fuel door. I'm really digging the fuel door (Thanks Casey!) and the calipers I wanted to do black with a yellow decal (decals from XenonMods.com) like the actual Saleen brakes, but my auto store only had red so I went with it. Now that its done I really like it - it compliments the yellow & red suspension nicely and works well with the red S in the side badges.

Spring is in the air FINALLY - now its time to start cruising

Plenty of jack-stands for safety

Just your average undercarraige

Painted calipers

New fuel door

Old 03-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Busy Weekend En La Cochera De La Axeman......

Looks great Jason. NOW WHAT THE H-E-HOCKEY-STICK HOCKEY-STICK ARE YOU DOING TAKING PICTURES WHEN IT IS SUNNY OUTSIDE? GET OUT AND DRIVE THAT BEAST! [8D]
Jazzer The Kitty Kat
Old 03-30-2008, 12:40 PM
slammer1
2nd Gear Member

Looks great Jason. Calipers & inner fenders look pimpin. Happy with the new fuel door? Thinking about adding it myself, yours is the first lighter colored car i have seen with it. Is it polished chrome or satin? Thanx!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Thanks Jazz - but by the time I put the wheels back onit was 6pm and I was 16 hours in, so I was happy to put the door down and go inside and kick back [8D]

The fuel door is brushed aluminum just like most of the others out there. Very happy with it.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Saleen05797
4th Gear Member

Nice Jason! You make me want that fuel door now haha
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
sal07b
1st Gear Member

OK, I'm wanting that fuel door. Wonder if it will fit a 96? Where did you get it? How much? I've been looking at them but have yet to see one w/ Saleen on it...
Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM
justang07
2nd Gear Member

very nice
Old 03-31-2008, 02:31 AM
saleen4162
2nd Gear Member

OMG!!!
Thats freaking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!
I have been wanting to do that so bad exactly what you did!!!!!!
Hey how would that gas cap look on my ride?
You think I would have to paint it yellow?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

The fuel door is for 2005-8 only as it is contoured near the top to match the line in the qtr panel. It was pretty expensive for what it is, but then again it is a chunk of aluminum - 189 or something like that I believe.

I've never seen one for the previous models with the Saleen engraved in it like this one [&:]
Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 AM
04#231SC
3rd Gear Member

Hey Jason, that looks great. How did you paint the calipers w/o getting pain on the brakes? Did you take them off and do it?

The car looks fantastic. How did you detail the undercarriage? What did you use? I am going to use the CD2 cleaner you told us about last year once I get the car out of hibernation. We still have tons of snow on the ground where I live. My Avalanche is still buried in front of my garage since I havent been able to drive because of a broken leg. Oh well one more week until I get into walking cast and then get back into the garage to get things rolling again.

Quick Reply: Busy Weekend En La Cochera De La Axeman......