Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Ford Dealerships Closing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
mikebna
3rd Gear Member

Default Ford Dealerships Closing

The largest Ford Dealership in our area has closed it's newest store. It was built less than two years ago in Bullheadcity, AZ close to Laughlin,NV. The employees were either laid off or sent to work miles away from where they now live probably without compensation for the extra travel!

Seems as though it had huge losses and the owner may even lose the property due to the economy.

It's too bad because I had started taking my Saleen there for service because I had been lied to too many times by the one here in Kingman, AZ.

Have any of you guys seen any of this happening in your areas?

mike

Last edited by mikebna; 01-29-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: tried to do spellck...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

There has been a few dealers in my area that either closed up shop or claimed bankruptcy and got bought out by a franchise dealer.
Expect to see this a lot more in the near future, GM alone says they will be closing 25 to 30% of their dealers. I would expect Ford and Chrysler to follow suit.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

Just saw a local ford dealer close up shop recently out here (Miller Brothers Ford). I don't think they ever did well, though....so it wasn't a surprise.

Last edited by eviligloo; 01-30-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

The dealer I bought mine from (Al Long Ford) converted to a used car only dealership in Warren Michigan.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Swanson Ford and Anderson Chevrolet closed near me.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
Swanson Ford and Anderson Chevrolet closed near me.
Swanson Ford (Los Gatos) closed down several years ago, well before the latest financial crisis - before GT500s were even in production. Steve Swanson saw the writing on the wall, and got out while the getting-out was good. Bet he's patting himself on the back about now.

Chris.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

San Rafael Ford closed after about 10,000 years of service. The windows still have the painted writing saying "Always open!"

Jazzer
Old 01-29-2009, 03:49 PM
ctann
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
San Rafael Ford closed after about 10,000 years of service. The windows still have the painted writing saying "Always open!"
That I did not know. Here's a link to a news article. I was actually going to plug Novato Ford in my last entry, looks like their competition just went down by one... After Swanson Ford shut down, it took me ages to find another Bay Area Ford dealership I trusted (Fremont, "Friendly", Capitol, you can keep them all...). I hope that Novato and San Francisco Ford (owned by the same guy) can stay in business...

Chris.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM
esanger
2nd Gear Member

My local dealer isn't showing any signs of closing, but given the level of service I have gotten from them in the past I could care less if they close (no offense to those that would lose their jobs, but they treat their customers like crud)..
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by esanger
My local dealer isn't showing any signs of closing, but given the level of service I have gotten from them in the past I could care less if they close (no offense to those that would lose their jobs, but they treat their customers like crud)..
Woody is building another building over by Autozone on Hughes. So the definately aren't showing signs.

Quick Reply: Ford Dealerships Closing