Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Bra question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 11:21 AM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

Default Bra question

When I had my fancy Liztick Red Saleen built in early 2007, I was told that a standard bra was probably not a good idea due to the possibility of scuffing the horrifingly expensive paint. So I had a clear bra custom-fit and have been happy with it so far. The bra covers the front of the hood, fenders, the headlights, and the complex bumper-air dam assembly.

In a fit of something I've signed up for the Mustangs Across America drive, which will put more miles on this car than many Saleen owners put on their cars in a year. Now, I've taken long highway drives in the car before, and digging the wildlife out of the intercooler fins can take quite a while. It occurred to me that using the standard Saleen bra might be safe now, because for the most part it will be riding on top of the clear bra film, thus protecting the paint. And that nice mesh screen would keep most of the bugs out of the various radiator fins.

Does this seem reasonable? Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do this?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
nrcollectibles
2nd Gear Member

Don't do it. I tried a bra on my Rainbow before I went with the clear bra. The bra attaches to the wheel wells with metal folds. It is so tight, I'd be afraid that the paint would rub off.

I'd stick with the clear bra and just replace portions of it when and if you need to. When I had mine installed, the professional said that that's what they did.