Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

2010 Saleen S281

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Default 2010 Saleen S281

Check out some teaser pics on our Facebook, or Flicker page. Here is a link to our Flicker page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/saleen_speedlab/. Search Saleen Speedlab on Facebook to find us.

Thank you
Jess
Old 10-02-2009, 05:37 PM
LovinLife
1st Gear Member

Very cool Jess. How many cars do you anticipate you'll build/sell for the 2010 model year?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM
roush 427R
1st Gear Member

I really digging the silver S7. Nice pics
Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Jess Albright
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LovinLife
Very cool Jess. How many cars do you anticipate you'll build/sell for the 2010 model year?
That info will be announced at SEMA.

Thank you
Jess
Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

Is it still considered a "Saleen"? I thought Steve got cranky about that and I have read SMS will be the only company carrying his name.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

I'm looking forward to the additional photos in the October issue of PoweRRR that is on its way to my mailbox

Last edited by Saleen Mike; 10-02-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
Is it still considered a "Saleen"? I thought Steve got cranky about that and I have read SMS will be the only company carrying his name.
Steve does not own the name "Saleen", thus he started his new company and called it "SMS".
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM
jdivad
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by david01130
The pending court date(s) with regards to the lawsuit over name use should not be pat of the hobby.

On the enthusiast side, no one knows the particulars of the suit, what each side will argue or try to prove or disprove... etc, including Mike.

SMS was formed when HP still held a majority of what was Saleen, Inc... we don't know if by HP nailing their doors closed to Saleen, if this changed the playing field.

Enjoy the vehicles and community... and the pieces will fall to place, however they do.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Saleen Mike
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdivad
The pending court date(s) with regards to the lawsuit over name use should not be pat of the hobby.

On the enthusiast side, no one knows the particulars of the suit, what each side will argue or try to prove or disprove... etc, including Mike.

SMS was formed when HP still held a majority of what was Saleen, Inc... we don't know if by HP nailing their doors closed to Saleen, if this changed the playing field.

Enjoy the vehicles and community... and the pieces will fall to place, however they do.
True, we would all be better off if Steve did not file the lawsuit.

If you are not wearing "Steve Saleen Groupie Glasses", then to me this seems fairly simple to see.

Steve left the company that had his name. He started a new company called "SMS" because he very well could not call it "Saleen". Owners of the company (HPA) sold the majority of the company to a new investment group (MJA). Owners of the remaining part of "old Saleen" change their company name and file BK. Owners of the company bought the right to make "Saleens" and are doing so.

I'm glad MJA stepped up to the plate to continue the tradition of Saleens, for 2010 and beyond, and to give support to existing owners.

Had they not done so Dave, your chance to buy a new "Saleen" would be forever gone.

BTW my offer still stands. PM or email me your parents information, and I will pay for their first year membership in the Saleen Club of America.

Last edited by Saleen Mike; 10-03-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
VistaBlue GT
2nd Gear Member

Nice! but I do believe the names should change. When Steve left he took the name Saleen with him so only right he continues to build Saleens.

Quick Reply: 2010 Saleen S281