Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New Roush owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 PM
07roush427r

Default New Roush owner

Hello all
Just trying to get some info here.I have a 07 427R stage 3, It has some mods current dyno is 442rwhp 413tq.
What im trying to find out is how much HP will the block hold? Ive read it wont hold up to 500hp at the fly wheel?!? This car has the small pully, BB cams, boost a pump, cold air intake a dyno tune. Also if some drag guys out there have any idea what it might "SHOULD"run (lol) in the 1/4mile. i used a online calculator and came up with 11.42......im not sure this is right. Any help here would be much appreciated and thank you for stoping to look at my post.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the party.

The downside to the Stage 3 suspension (if you can call it that) is that the suspension is set up to hug corners and not plant/launch like you want to do in a drag setting. They are pretty quick little cars. Stock they'll lay down 12's all day long if you can get it to hook and scoot.

Last edited by LilRoush; 03-23-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
JuicemanJ

I also just became a owner of a 07 427R. Hope to find alot of info on the forums, Because this is my first ford. Went from 64 chevelle to 07 roush. I see a learning curve going on here. Trying to post the picture as i seen in the newbie fourm, but to me it does not look like it worked.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
JuicemanJ

Excuse me it did work, i just seen img http etc.. at the end of the post.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the 427R. They're great cars, as you no doubt can tell by now.

As far as what the stock block will hold, 475-ish gross is the general consensus, so you are right on the borderline where you are 07. Also, the stock M90 can run into some heat soak issues with the smaller pulley as well, so be forewarned. The stock M90 came from the factory with not much more room to grow, that's why a lot of guys go with the TVS 2300 as a replacement.

For more Roush-specific info, you may want to check out www.fnsweet.com. Lot of Roush info, but not as active as the main 2005 - 2013 board is on mustangforums.com.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The other option for the stock M90 is to retain the housing but upgrade it t TVS rotors on the inside. Nobody will ever know just by looking at it, but you'll pick up a nice bump in power.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Hi Guys. Mine looks just like yours juiceman. The info you are getting on here is correct 475 to 500 is the limit on the stock engine. I also have the Smaller Roush Pulley along with the Roush CAI. So I am right around the 475 mark give or take. Lots of Roush cars out there now with a lot more HP but I love mine.

Also a 427R and a Stage 3 are two different things. 427Rs came with a stage 2 suspension. They came with a Stage 3 badge under the hood because they had the Stage 3 drivetrain but a 427r is not a complete Stage 3 car. Enjoy
Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 PM
JuicemanJ

Thanks for the info, i like this body style alot more then the newer Mustangs. But if i had 65 thousand to blow i would of got a new one. svfetter , i plan on getting the CAI and smaller Pully. I have a 73mm on there now and was debating on the 2.57 or 2.49 with the CAI and a tune. I did replace the stock Radiator and thought it was go to be easy but the top 2 bolts were a Bit@$ to get back in. Ended up taking the front upper grill of and decided i would replace it since i had it out. Put the roush black billet in there and looks good. I do need to pull out the grill and go over the white behind it and paint it black. But it looks good but could look better. What tune did you go with svfetter after your upgrade. I like package from VMP, but still was thinking just going with AM buy it seperate since they do not have a package set up. And then i through JDM in the mix and tried to check out and it would let me use my ship to address. So my question is what did you use svfetter since we have the same car.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM
svfetter
2nd Gear Member

Juiceman,

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I don't monitor these sites as much as I used to. I kept my car all Roush with the Roush tune. I have been one of the few who has done this. Most go for the aftermarket tune for more power. I have more than enough for me and the car runs great. Good Luck.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svfetter
Juiceman,

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. I don't monitor these sites as much as I used to. I kept my car all Roush with the Roush tune. I have been one of the few who has done this. Most go for the aftermarket tune for more power. I have more than enough for me and the car runs great. Good Luck.
You're not the only one. Mine is bone stock, 69,000 miles, and is my daily driver.

Quick Reply: New Roush owner