South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

January Modified Mustangs BS Alert!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
mauiboy
2nd Gear Member

Default January Modified Mustangs BS Alert!

For anyone who cares,
Those living on the west coast certainly California, Nevada, and Arizona might be familiar with the "Warp-7" 750HP Boss striped Mustang Gt found on the cover of the January's 2008 edition of Modified Mustangs. If you've been to any of the major car shows put on by the mustang clubs in these states, you most likely have seen him there. With that being said he recieved alot of crap last year for giving people the impression that he was pushing 600rwhp on a P-1 Procharger, stock block no less plus 150 shot which justified the 750Hp paint job he had on the hood. When in fact he was just over 500 to the wheels according to his latest dyno numbers at the shop...
November 2006 I threw two rods in my stock block 2005 Gt at our local track with a Vortech T-Trim pushing 525rwhp. I went to NRP or Nevarez Racing Products to have Gil Nevarez build me a new and approved. At this time Warp-7 was also in the shop throwing some money at the car by dropping the 4.6L and steping up to an Iron block 5.4L. Keep in mind this guy is retired and trailers his car to all car shows. His 4.6L block had under 1500 miles on it, so once he had his iron block in hand I bought his aluminum though NRP and to this day he in unaware of this. We were in the shop roughly the same amount of time, and while he upgraded to a D-1 Procharger I dropped the Vortech for a F-1C Procharger.
With his project done and off the rack before mine I was there the day it was dyno'd.
With tunning needed he started off in the mid 500's and topped of at roughly 612rwhp@ 12-13lbs boost, (I might be off a horse or two) Anyway I was impressed and he had made his 750HP goal with NOS to justify his ride...
On the other hand I have had major modifications needed to support the F-1C monster.
Belt slip is my nightmare as 706rwhp@17-18lbs is all I can get before I lose my belt and my boost, anyway it's still impressive on pump gas and a rich tune, plus it's still a work in progress and will be at the track soon hopefully seeing low 10's
So yesterday I run into the January edition of MM to see my compitition on the cover and a huge spread inside.
Thecrap this guy is claiming is unbelievable! He is now saying that he pushes 754rwhp (no Nos) and has personal best ET of 7.56@210mph!!![/align]
Does Modified even question this guys info? Do they not know that Justin Burcham is one of the fastest S197's running and in the low 9's and has video's to prove it?
I personally know guys running in the 7's in Vegas and they're pushing 1300-1500rwhp. Do the editors not have enough common sense and past car history to do the math?
This guy has no credible stats to prove hisBS and had the ***** to publish it!

Am I just jealous? Maybe...
But I employ anyone that runs into this guy to call his BS and let him know that he's full of it!
I truly believe if you lie enough about your own car you'll start to believe your own crap!
He's making the hard working legitamate builders with true and proven numbers look like shmucks!!!

And that's my 2 cents! Thanks for listening...[/align]
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: January Modified Mustangs BS Alert!

His car wont even hit 210mph let alone in under 8 seconds
Old 12-11-2007, 02:02 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

you can bet they never "really" looked into it, besides that is a horrible looking car anyway. I seen that and thought he must have tons done to the motor to be that powerful until I read this......I never even processed it.
So he owns an ugly S197 and lies too...lol NUTS!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 AM
mauiboy
2nd Gear Member

Its really frustrating when you put your time a hard earned money into a rebuild and manage to put out some incredible horse power number bases on your choice of modifications, and being completely stoked at what ever horse power your trying to achieve. In my case I have a similar build as Justin Burcham and look at what he's been able to accomplish with a low well publisized 9 second passes. I look forward to even touching those times.
I truly hope this comes back to bite this guy in the *** if he continues to make appearences at major car shows. I look forward to our next event as the confrontation in inevidable...