South AR, LA, MS, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, WV, VA, DE, DC, MD

I dodge Texas hale like I dodge Aces Baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Default I dodge Texas hale like I dodge Aces Baby!!!

So I'm at work today here in Austin and I know we got a storm coming but I had no idea hale was coming. So I live about 9 miles away from work. I'm listening to a cd, but decide to turn on the stereo. It's getting pretty dark b/c of the cloud cover, and the dj on the stereo says that hale is just north of where my house is. I'm freakin out thinking I need to find covered parking and everything is cool for the next 1/2 mile or so. So I get close to the freeway and just before I do, the hail starts coming, not too hard yet, but I make a quick right turn, turn into a assisted living / nursing home. I hear about 2 or so big thumps on my car, then pull up at the home's front door under a covered driveway, just barely in time. Hail was coming down as much as 3 inches thick. Hell, if the hale got too close, I was gonna use my body as a shield lol. Everyone else is either out of luck, looking for a tree to hide under, or hide under the freeway overpass driving over curbs and stuff.

So it lasts about 10 minutes or so and I start heading home (about another 7 miles to go) and I probably saw at least a dozen cars with busted windows on the road, plus all these cars at a dealership just got rocked bad.

Whew!!! close one. I was very fortunate. I'll have a closer look at my baby tomorrow to make sure it's all good.

Here's a pic of someone's car on the freeway I was getting too....

p.s. Aces is a poker reference!!! fyi.