Speed Density/Carb/SSP section This section is for the Speed Density or Carb vehicles, as well as Special Service Package 'Stangs

need some help?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
enoughsaid
1st Gear Member

Default need some help?

I have an 87 notch with some bolt ons, and I have been looking for some gt40 parts for a decent price. I found a complete motor out of a 97 explorer for 450. It was compression checked and came out good. My question is, what year did the gt40p heads start to come on the explorer? I don't really want to mess around with the gt40p heads. Also if this thing is gt40p, can i just use the upper and lower intake manifold. I will eventually run the heads if they are gt40p but only once I get 1.7rr's and valve springs along with correct headers. Thanks in advance for the help
Old 06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: need some help?

yeah you can it would be like putting the cobra intake on the stock heads like alot of people do
Old 06-19-2008, 01:11 AM
enoughsaid
1st Gear Member

Default RE: need some help?

stangbanger87 are you the only one that replies to my posts? Thanks for the support. I appreciate you helping. Anyways, I got the gt40p upper/lower and heads. I am going to port and polish myself. Now before I put the head back together what do I need to get as far as springs? I am gonna go with 1.7rr's. What else do I need with these rockers?

Search this Thread