StangMods.com Affordable performance, appearance, and suspension parts for your late model Mustang.

lt headers for 2000 v6

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:28 AM
00_whitesxr
2nd Gear Member

Default lt headers for 2000 v6

I wanna know if the mac ceramic coated lts are still on back order if so can i order the macregular plated ones and the o/r h? I email you once before but i just wanna make sure if i order the regular lts i will get them in a week or so after i order them with the h pipe im also gonna order the projector headlight and hid kit from you guys but in a later date after i get my mac products installed. thank in advance and hopefully i can get my lts soon
Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 AM
stangmods.com
Banned

Default RE: lt headers for 2000 v6

ORIGINAL: 00_whitesxr

I wanna know if the mac ceramic coated lts are still on back order if so can i order the macregular plated ones and the o/r h? I email you once before but i just wanna make sure if i order the regular lts i will get them in a week or so after i order them with the h pipe im also gonna order the projector headlight and hid kit from you guys but in a later date after i get my mac products installed. thank in advance and hopefully i can get my lts soon
hello, we have the non ceramic coated long tubes in stock. The shorty H pipe is also in stock. Depending on what state you are in, the shipment could take anywhere from 1-6 days. We are in MD so the closer you are, the less shipping time it will take. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: lt headers for 2000 v6

ORIGINAL: 00_whitesxr

Edit, oops, I see you're getting MAC LT, not Shorties, my bad Sorry! ...still, for those considering MAC shorties...

Word of caution about the MAC shorty headers foran 00 V6. While they are great vs stock, three items suck about them.

1) Spark plug for piston #2 is trapped by the the header pipe. It's nearly impossible to remove the plug once the header is installed. - No solution

2) That same header pipe also iscutat such a sharp angle that the plug wire forthe #2 plug will come into contact with it and burn through. - Solution get some high-temp bootsleeves made out of head shield to put over the boot so you don't have the burn through. Moroso and some other companies make them. Problem solved.

3) A.I.R. pipe fittings on the headers are not nearly long enough to allow the pipe to seat before the nut bottoms out. Translating into exhaust leaks around the AIR Pipes fittings. Solution, get some 1/2" compression nut rings and put them between the pipe flange and the headers AIR pipe flange. Also use some Exhaust system leak sealer to put on the threads of the fitting. Tighten as usual. No problems after that.

Last item that's not a problem but will help you. On the studs that connect the header collector flange to the exhaust system, on the Collector Side stud, put Loc-tite RED on them. It will keep the studs from backing out on that end. Use Loctite blue on the stud side where the nut goes.