Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

raced a Pontiac GTP.... somethings wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 03:55 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: raced a Pontiac GTP.... somethings wrong?

also something to consider.. most forced inducted cars would own a n/a car from a roll.... they are much quicker at roll racing... if u ran him from a dig, there probably would have been a different outcome with you staying ahead of him... hes also front wheel drive i think so that hurts him from a dig...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:38 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

^^ not trying to bash ur post but the one i raced was a rocket out of the hole.

he didnt skid at all. infact he prolly hit 2nd while i was still spinning in 1st.

once i got traction though, it was all over. i slowely pulled in 2nd and in 3rd it was over. pulled 4-5 cars on him easy...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:45 AM
2001 GT
1st Gear Member

no big deal, those things get in the 13's easily. Remember, small mods on most forced induction cars take at least a second off or more.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:46 AM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

A GTP is cheap to make fast because of the S/C.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 2000Si
Read up on the car... STOCK they make 240 hp and 260? ft lbs torque... an SC pulley/CAI/headers/full exhaust is going to do A LOT for a supercharged 3.8L V6... I bet he's making MORE WHP and WTQ than you are.

I dunno why people are so surprised that a modded Series II SUPERCHARGED V6 is fast as ****.
i dont know if i would really call them fast as s***, unless its one of the intense turbo cars...
Old 04-16-2006, 02:05 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

i have a friend with similar mods running 12.9's in a 98. he makes about 280 whp, i drove it, oversteer like a bitch, but it's quick. traps about 108, and on race gas he makes well over 300 hp.

this guy you raced is probably making 300 whp depending on his tune, and more torque than you. yea he might be heavy, but your car is pretty heavy too. so the outcome was about right, nothing wrong with your car, other than the fact you havent modified it yet. intake exhaust/ x pipe and a tune and his *** is grass.

i've had my 06 F150 for 8 days, i have 4 mods, a 5th in the mail, and 2-3 more plus a tuner that i'll be doing in the next month, just taking my time and doing some research.

how the hell do you guys NOT modify your cars? i can't STAND stock exhaust. ny 05 F150 had a catback at 98 miles, 18 hours after purchase. my 06 took 6 days because i ordered a magnaflow instead this time.

what the hell are you waiting for!!?? modify that damn GT!! by not adding intake and exhaust and a tune, you are cheating your car and yourself. mdifying your car will improve your quality of life. and chicks dig stangs that go vroom vroom.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:59 PM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

My friend John has a pulley, colder plugs, cold air kit, and exhaust... He runs 13.20's on MT's... Those cars can be in the 12's with a few simple bolt ons and some tuning...
Old 04-16-2006, 04:25 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93BlackNotch

My friend John has a pulley, colder plugs, cold air kit, and exhaust... He runs 13.20's on MT's... Those cars can be in the 12's with a few simple bolt ons and some tuning...
very much agreed. there was one at the track running low 13's high 12's all day a few weeks ago.... they are easy to make fast. dont think they take tons of mods to get to mid 13s either that is myth!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:37 PM
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Yup.... seen a whole group of GTP owners run at California Speedway (Fontana,Ca) on ocassion. One on slicks runs low 12's. i talked to him a bit about it. He only admitted a larger down pipe, exhaust, cold air, etc......
Old 04-16-2006, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

ORIGINAL: 2000Si
Read up on the car... STOCK they make 240 hp and 260? ft lbs torque... an SC pulley/CAI/headers/full exhaust is going to do A LOT for a supercharged 3.8L V6... I bet he's making MORE WHP and WTQ than you are.

I dunno why people are so surprised that a modded Series II SUPERCHARGED V6 is fast as ****.
i dont know if i would really call them fast as s***, unless its one of the intense turbo cars...

Well considering its a car that's easy to put into the 13s and still be completely streetable and practical, I'd consider it fast as ****.

Quick Reply: raced a Pontiac GTP.... somethings wrong?