Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Beating SRT-4's from a role

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Default Beating SRT-4's from a role

I like most of you would agree I'm sure that racing is from a dig, not a role. However these kids in SRT-4s always refuse to go from a dig, which puts us at a huge disadvantage. Now personally I am sick of them thinking they have a faster car b/c they beat me from a role. What do I need to do, short of going forced induction to keep them at bay from a role? Gears? I need help here guys, I can't stand their smug looks after the race. Is there any hope??
Old 04-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Beating SRT-4's from a role

Wow, with your mods you should be putting well over 300 to the wheels... would imagine you not having much of a problem? Though gears, headers, catless... Hell, even working on your drivetrain. IE New Clutch, flywheel, driveshaft... All could help reduce the % of HP taken away from your drivetrain to the wheels.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i also wondered myself what mods it took to beat a stock str4 from a 40mph roll.. ive never raced one from a roll with my current mods but i feel i could prob stay with one.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

If they want to race from a roll, I have a sign in my trunk for them.

It's pink, with a turbo on it. It says "Rolls are for" and you turn it around... "PUSSIES"

No lie.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

thats hilarious.....

The few that I raced last night were heavy modded, one had over 300 rwhp, so I wasnt too surprised he pulled away from me like he did. As far as stock ones go, they can be a pain, but I usually pull through.

I guess the real lesson here is racing is from a dig only!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:31 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, the sign is great when you have someone revving beside you on a highway or something.

Just stick it out the window. They love it.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:48 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

sounds like you should get into the exhuast. Maybe headers and x or h pipes, etc.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I agree with Menace,

I know it may be expensive, and since your car is new, you may not want to upgrade your driveline (ie. lightened flywheel, clutch, aluminum one piece driveshaft). You have the steeda ultralites for wheels so that saves weight.

Gears would really help, especially your third gear which is where you are probably getting beat by these SRT-4s.

Is 40 mph your choice for the roll race or the dodge's? Tit for tat. Go 40mph roll and then have them go from a dig or a mph that puts you in your powerband. I mean if they only will go from their best spot then its not fair. Big turbo'ed supras will kick *** in the high rpms and higher gears but they will fall way behind at the start of a race against a pullied cobra so it depends on what you are racing from and to.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

I would go with some gears and an offroad x pipe. I have my new x pipe comming in friday, we will be at moroso on saturday, stop by if you can. hoping to run 12.99
Old 04-25-2006, 12:07 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I would go with the aforementioned sign.

Quick Reply: Beating SRT-4's from a role