Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

me, sti, and 350z

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:06 PM
5.0shelby
1st Gear Member

Default me, sti, and 350z

So I drove up to the hwy last saturday night and i wasnt there long until i caught up with some racers. I rode the hwy out towards were it gets to be open road and (without businesses) and catch a stop light with all three of us lined up. The light turns green and the sti jumps forward (all wheel drive) and then within 100 ft i reeled in the sti and was already passin him. the 350z didnt have a chance. Well the 350z kinda got behind us and watched cuz this sti thought he could take me. We were on our way to the next light and we decided to go from a roll. not sure what speed but i was in second at about 4k rpms and then we look and each other gave the nod and stick it to the metal well lets just put it this way, all he's got goin is the all wheel drive cuz he didnt have a chance from a roll. anyway to finish my story after the last light we raced from there was a crotch rocket and he was racing with us. We all take off, I kill the sti and then im tryin to stay with the rocket but its just too fast. I dont think i did too bad i mean i was hangin with the crotchrocket i wasnt gaining but he also wasnt loosing me. and when it was all said and done i look down at me oil gauge and its all the way at the bottm not moving at all. So im like ah maybe the sending unit went bad again so like a dumb a*# i turned around and head back up the hwy (towards home) then once i got back almost to where i started i heard a lifter noise. So i drive another block tryin to get to the gas station and by this time all the lifters are clacking and im like. Ok the gauge isnt lying. and then i realized that the oil pump let go or i snapped the oil pump drive rod. So i drive up another block and park in wal-mart parking lot and have a buddy of mine come tow me. Good news is I won! bad news is i am pulling the motor. Advice to all never ignore your gauges! well I guess thats racin you win some you loose some.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

Default RE: me, sti, and 350z

what car and mods do you have to stay with a bike?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:47 PM
5.0shelby
1st Gear Member

Default RE: me, sti, and 350z

i have a 91 shelby clone with gt-40 heads all worked over by C&S Performance with ford motorsports rockers and big vavles gt-40 upper and lower all ported cam header stainless x pipe centerforce clutch world class t5z trans with 2.95 first gear ford motorsports aluminum drive shaft auburn posi 3.73 gears moser axles bigger throttle body (can't remember exact size) 190lph fuel pump 24lb injectors cold air intake ford motorsports underdrive pulleys and big cam, stewart high flow waterpump, svo tunerbox hurst short throw shifter nitto drag radial (that are 4 years old) they're like hockey pucks lol. I think that about covers it