Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:56 PM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Default Raced a Porsche

I just got my car back a week ago from a tranny rebuild and I wanted to get back in the mood. So I was driving down 95 looking for some races. I came up on a Porsche Carrera and I figured I would at least try. Got next to him and gave it a little just to let him know. He did the same so I droped it to 4th and pulled away. I kept him next to me till the top of 4th were he just walked away as I didn't want to shift to overdrive. I got next time him a few minutes later and droped it back to 4th. I punched it again and pulled away from him for a second then he just stayed next to me. This time I said screw it and shifted into 5th. I kept the lead for another second or two when he again passed me like a champ. At the end of the highway I pulled up next to him and gave him the thumbs up and he returned the favor. That thing was pretty damn quick but I bet he was surprised that I put up a fight. I also raced another stang but it isnt' worth talking about. He pulled a flyby on me!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
andrewclark
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Raced a Porsche

ORIGINAL: dajawu

I just got my car back a week ago from a tranny rebuild and I wanted to get back in the mood. So I was driving down 95 looking for some races. I came up on a Porsche Carrera and I figured I would at least try. Got next to him and gave it a little just to let him know. He did the same so I droped it to 4th and pulled away. I kept him next to me till the top of 4th were he just walked away as I didn't want to shift to overdrive. I got next time him a few minutes later and droped it back to 4th. I punched it again and pulled away from him for a second then he just stayed next to me. This time I said screw it and shifted into 5th. I kept the lead for another second or two when he again passed me like a champ. At the end of the highway I pulled up next to him and gave him the thumbs up and he returned the favor. That thing was pretty damn quick but I bet he was surprised that I put up a fight. I also raced another stang but it isnt' worth talking about. He pulled a flyby on me!
what car and mods do yo u have?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:03 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

what kind of Porsche was it ?? what mods DO you have ??
Old 06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

It was a Porsche Carrera, not sure about the details of it though. I have a blown 02 GT with no suporting mods putting down about 340 to the wheels.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:18 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Carrera huh ?? NICE WIN. 340whp isnt anything to shy away from. u make it sound like everybody has one with that much.....they dont. haha
Old 06-06-2006, 12:26 AM
dajawu
2nd Gear Member

Yea there are alot of the "cheapie porsches' around here but it was nice to go after a Carrera. I am waiting for the supporting mods to go in so I can get to 400rwhp and be able to really make these porsche owners wonder what just happend.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:29 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

sounds like a plan. go get 'em. show 'em what an American car can do.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

sounded like you had some fun. Now get some supporting mods and rape his *** next time.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:14 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Nice Race against the Carrera. A little word of advise If its a fairly new Carrera and has an S (watch out!!!) Those cars run mid 12's and are deadly from a launch. Those fricken Porsche's got that engine right over the rears and they hook up quick. 400rwhp will keep you with a Carrera and possibly a Carrera S , but a Carrera 4, 911 turbo , GT3 , GT2 you will have some problems.

ORIGINAL: dajawu

Yea there are alot of the "cheapie porsches' around here but it was nice to go after a Carrera. I am waiting for the supporting mods to go in so I can get to 400rwhp and be able to really make these porsche owners wonder what just happend.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

nice death..cant wait til i can even challenge one haha

Quick Reply: Raced a Porsche