Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

M3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 12:46 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: M3

i dont know , your friend might have aprob w/ his car. i know that the 98 M3's should do 0-60 in 5.4 or so.... he should beat yourcar like its no ones busniness. my friend has a 95 m3 in auto w/ 90k miles and he beats 98 GT's so im not sure what the deal is, if u had a 99 + GT then id understand how u beat him...
Old 05-15-2004, 12:49 AM
GT99GT
2nd Gear Member

ok i responded to the first page because i didnt see the other few pages lol , but ya ... wierd that u beat him, tell him to get his car checked
Old 05-15-2004, 01:06 AM
connor
1st Gear Member

ok he isnt the only m3 i have 2 other friends one with a four door and one with a 2 door they are stock and i beat them too
why is this so hard to belive maybe i got a fast car maybe cause it only has 30 k on it .....im 27 years old i have no need to prove anything im just stating what happen and if need to put this to a rest i will have my friends join this post just so everyone know that my piece of s...t 95 is a quick car then maybe everyone would belive me??? just so you all no i will kill him the next time because i installed my mods exept for the springs... ill go to the race track sooon so we can put this debat to rest...
Old 05-15-2004, 01:19 AM
connor
1st Gear Member

hey 99ct if you live near nj we can bring are cars somewhere and race ill show you i can beat 95 to 98 m3 ???? actually they are bolth 98s with sticks and you can bring your friewnd with his auto and ill show him how slow my Car is. dont take offense im srious but not angry whatsoever
Old 05-15-2004, 01:20 AM
connor
1st Gear Member

sorry ment 99gt
Old 05-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Kiley_sean

Default I got the weight for you, connor.

Just weighed the bimmer tonight. Gross vehicle weight was 2860 with a full tank of petrol. So give or take it is around 2800 when I am at events.

The crappy thing about putting a inline-6 in the front of a hatchback is the weight distribution.

1660lbs. Front
1200lbs. Rear [sm=smiley21.gif] This was a 50/50 F/R car from the factory and now it is all out of whack!!! I am not going to do the math, but it's way past even 60/40.

I could probably drop 150-200lbs, but most of that weight is in the center or the rear. I need to just up and remove the A/C since I don't use it.

It plows into the turns but that's what the S50 in the front is for. Nothing like power-oversteer to bring the ***-end around. It makes for more exciting exits. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 05-15-2004, 05:01 PM
DUB 6
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: connor

ok he isnt the only m3 i have 2 other friends one with a four door and one with a 2 door they are stock and i beat them too
why is this so hard to belive maybe i got a fast car maybe cause it only has 30 k on it .....im 27 years old i have no need to prove anything im just stating what happen and if need to put this to a rest i will have my friends join this post just so everyone know that my piece of s...t 95 is a quick car then maybe everyone would belive me??? just so you all no i will kill him the next time because i installed my mods exept for the springs... ill go to the race track sooon so we can put this debat to rest...
Hey if you say you beat him, then you beat him. I believe you....But please understand where i'm coming from.....Realistically your not supposed to be beating him.........M3's are very quick cars and your car should be running 0-60 in about 6.5-6.8 seconds....96-98 GT's arent that impressive to me.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:18 AM
connor
1st Gear Member

hey kiley sean told showed my friend the site he like your car.....
he showwed me the aa site that you where saying and they had a 318 ti with i guees the new stage II turbo it was badd.. hes probably gonna join so you can talk to him and so that others hear will belive me that they are the same speed latter on
Old 05-16-2004, 06:37 PM
sjlucky

After reading everything that has been said about connor's inqury, I must say, as a BMW owner and one who is new to the Mustang forum, that there is little appreciation and synergy amongst the mustang forum group. What happened to simply doing a "congrats" or "I don't agree with you on this point" type of critisim? It's really sad that people can build up so much animosity because of car specs or mistakes written on this forum. If somebody doesn't understand or doesn't know something, educate. We are all here to learn from each other and their mistakes. All in all, you're here as a group of people who love driving cars, appreciate performance, and find the excitement of head to head racing a thrill. As a non-mustang owner, I can even appreciate the car for what it is. No matter how much a person loves their particular car, no car is perfect. I don't care if you own a Ferrari or a Pinto, some characterisitic of the car appeals to you. Some like raw power, some like handling, some appreciate looks and some don't know any better. As written by Connor, all he wanted was to share his story...not be critisized by those that either doesn't know any better, can't express themselves in a way other than to degrade or put down a fellow member, or simply put, ignorant. I am one of Connor's M3 competitors and personally, I am offended when I see all these things written about .... "oh he can't drive or oh he sucks...this car is better...my car is better"...Personally who cares? In the end, we're here to have a good time and if he beats me, so be it. If I corner better than he does, so be it. As long as a person enjoys their car, and find it appealing, and are not mis-educated about their car limitations or abilities, I don't see any problems. I know my car is not make for pure "power"....but my car stock can definitely hug a corner a lot better than a stock mustang. I also know that there is no way that my car stock can out power a bigger engine like one's in the mustang on the straight. We're comparing different cars in different classes....made for different purposes. Take a look at why there are no direct comparisons made in magazines about a M3 against a Mustang....because they're different classes of cars! If anybody should say something, it should be said to those that put chinese characters on Mustangs, or some "R" symbol on the back of a chevy or a ford car or have 2 chrome rims and 2 donuts on a car that has different color panels, or body kits that totally makes the car look like its from MARS, or people who sticker their cars thinking that it makes their car have a competitive edge, or people who put 2000 dollar rims on a 500 dollar car. These are people you should be educating and appropriating... not somebody who is simply out there to say...."hey...this is my run today....I had a good time....here are some questions". Hopefully what I've written here will have some impact on those who have responded in this forum.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:12 PM
connor
1st Gear Member

Dont worry sjlucky i give it 6 hours befrore someone reads your post and starts the trassh talk
thanks for breaking it down for the time being