Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I love my V6, specially when I beat GT's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:13 AM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

Default I love my V6, specially when I beat GT's

Alright so I havent posted my races in a while. But I have had alot in the past year. I will just post two of them, they are the most recent. Ok so the first one there was a kid that is a friend of a friend either way straight to the point, he has a 1990 Mark VII LSC with a 5.0 full exhaust, Racing automatic transmission with 2200 stall conv. and a 80w coil and CAI, he was trying to tell me how he so commonly beats Mustangs and yes he tells me he beats 99-04 GT's So he walks up to my SWEET looking car which looks like a Mach 1 and a GT mix just plain nice IMO and he says smells like a 4.6 I agreed and offered to race him. We raced several times all along with me beating him by 4-5 cars approx. yes I dominated him from both a roll and a dig. Then when we got back to my house I decided to let him know that it WASNT a GT and it is just a 3.8 V6 with minimal mods being GT take off exhaust, Short throw, CAI, and a tuner. He couldnt believe it. ONTO MY NEXT AND SWEETER RACE.

So this time it wasnt a set up race and it was well there is a GT and I am gonna mess with him. So anyways it was a 94-95 GTS so it was a lighter GT with the same drivetrain. Anyways I was antaganizing him and he decided to drop it and get the run on me so I drop it "mind you he got the run on me" and I stop him in his tracks then I shift into 4th and I pull tight to his rear bumper and had to let off to keep from rear ending him. So then we continue to play. All in all from a roll I beat him with his front bumper being at my rear and from a dig up to 60 I beat him with his front bumper being at the middle of my pass door. Then we pulled over and talked. I was like nice car what all do you have done and he asked me what year mine was and I said 2000 then he says o so you have the good 4.6 and I said ummmm what all do you have done and he tells me he has full exhaust being long tubes and flows. Also he has CAI and a short throw shifter YES IT WAS A MANUAL. then I decided to tell him that mine was just a 3.8 V6 he wouldnt believe me but then he eventually did. I had the same mods during this race as what I stated above.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

Default RE: I love my V6, specially when I beat GT's

holy crap...what do you have in your car that makes the most power??!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 AM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

well like I said I have a steeda tri ax short throw, a diablo predator tuner custom tuned, a CAI, and GT take off exhaust just cat back, and Bosch Platinum 4 plugs with bosch premium 8mm wires. Thats it. and I also dont have my spare tire in.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:21 AM
middiepride
2nd Gear Member

i love when they brag. that things a tank with a mustang 5.0 in it basically. gt though probably because of year but seems like a pretty nice tune though. good kills though.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:21 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6h.o.pony

holy crap...what do you have in your car that makes the most power??!!!!

Thats what the hell i'm tryin to figure out...which one of your mods actually contributes to your 1/4 time?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

ok well im getting a programmer and i have the cai...but im auto....does the spare make that much difference??
Old 07-26-2006, 02:22 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

o and how much are those plugs??
Old 07-26-2006, 02:23 AM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

The bold ones. haha and the fact that I knnow how to drive. not to brag but I am a pretty decent driver

ORIGINAL: TorchV6

well like I said I have a steeda tri ax short throw, a diablo predator tuner custom tuned, a CAI, and GT take off exhaust just cat back, and Bosch Platinum 4 plugs with bosch premium 8mm wires. Thats it. and I also dont have my spare tire in.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:24 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

they cant drive... or just werent trying

how do u know it was even a GT could have just been a poser with a 3.8 like u

Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
TorchV6
4th Gear Member

the plugs are like $3. a piece and yes the spare is weight in road racing 10lbs is a 1/10 of a second. I have my trunk stripped and no spare also I dont carry anymore in the car than necessary such as additional **** like clothes and what not. this is my fun car otherwise I have a 97 F150 with a 3 in body lift and 33in boggers that I drive.

Quick Reply: I love my V6, specially when I beat GT's