Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

smoked by s2k sc

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: smoked by s2k sc

last i checked the new stangs were one of the fastest cars under 30k. the 05 GTs are consistently in the high-13s with good drivers. last i checked that was pretty quick for a 3500 lb car.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:15 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

last i checked the new stangs were one of the fastest cars under 30k. the 05 GTs are consistently in the high-13s with good drivers. last i checked that was pretty quick for a 3500 lb stock car.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deezelnut

last i checked the new stangs were one of the fastest cars under 30k. the 05 GTs are consistently in the high-13s with good drivers. last i checked that was pretty quick for a 3500 lb stock car.
For some reason alot of ppl are under the impression that the new GT's are lead weights that are slower than previous generation mustangs despite the HP hike. I don't know why they continue to think this, because near as I can tell, these new GT's put down a MUCH larger percentage of their power than most older mustangs. Alot of ppl who give these new GT's a drive say they don't feel as fast as old 5.0's and such......but that's just perception. These new cars don't feel fast because of the larger wheelbase and suspension. This is actually a big drawback.....because when I'm cruising at 65mph, it feels like I'm crawling around at 45. And if you're not paying attention, your foot starts to drop and next thing you know..............you're 30mph over the posted limit.[:@] This is completely opposite of my 98 stang......which feels like its racing when I'm only doing 50.[&:]
Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

ORIGINAL: Civic4doorsleeper

ORIGINAL: David_K

s2k are slow even with a blower they can only make 240 rwhp due to high compression pistons
wrong... very wrong. Also theres plenty boosted s2000 with 500+whp with just a headgasket.. Im building one right now actually
u have a turbo'd 4-dr EG and a S2k or youre building it for someone ??
Im building it for someone lol.. **** I aint rich... yet
Old 07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

s2k are slow even with a blower they can only make 240 rwhp due to high compression pistons
You get funnier and funnier every day.
i race with a guy with a white one that has the vortedch blower and hes making 240 exactly and swear up and down that a smaller pulley would blow his engine. there was one guy i raced with that had a 2004 comptech supercharge NSX and he did a pulley swap and blew the motor on 15 psi
Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

i race with a guy with a white one that has the vortedch blower and hes making 240 exactly and swear up and down that a smaller pulley would blow his engine. there was one guy i raced with that had a 2004 comptech supercharge NSX and he did a pulley swap and blew the motor on 15 psi
he probably hav a chitty tune, or no tune, like most import guys in my area
Old 07-29-2006, 04:55 AM

That's because he put 15 PSI into a 10+:1 CR engine without building it first...

who makes exactly 240 to the wheels on a dyno? What? No. I've seen them put down a hell of a lot more than that on 8 psi.

I watched a video of a 99 Cobra put a rod through it's block after running a turbo on 8 psi and not tuning his car.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

That's because he put 15 PSI into a 10+:1 CR engine without building it first...

who makes exactly 240 to the wheels on a dyno? What? No. I've seen them put down a hell of a lot more than that on 8 psi.

I watched a video of a 99 Cobra put a rod through it's block after running a turbo on 8 psi and not tuning his car.
S2K & the NSX dont really need building, usually a thicker head gasket would do it enough justice. Being the The car have forged internals. 1 other cool feature the NSX has are the titanium connecting rods [8D]. Wish I had beefy titanium connecting rods in my motor lol
Old 07-29-2006, 07:27 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black2007

Todays Mustang is HEAVY.....NOSE heavy....weight distribution, weight transfer, power to weight ratio, engine rpm, torque, aero, gear ratios, all work against a Mustang in a street fight with a fwd, turbo'd or s/c light weight 4 banger with a good driver. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mustang, but its not a drag car or even a fast car, what it is ...is a great looking GT with and excellent ride..If you bought it thinking you can mod it up to compete with whats on the street today, be prepared to invest heavily in suspension upgrades, a better transmission, more displacement, room for more tire....and shift all the weight possible toward the rear of the car. If it doesn't hook up, nothing else matters much. You can have all RWH in the world and it won't matter.
I'm a crap driver(see my sig) and I beat a new edge running 4.10s Same for my buddys turbo'ed & gutted D16 CRX My car is pretty stock save for tune and CAI. This is a very mod friendly car. I'm pretty inexperienced on cars but I feel confident that I could do 80% of my own work. The stock tranny has been proven to last up to over 500hp it just needs a shifter. All the last gen mustangs came with 3.27s at best and the lowest gear offered in the new GTs are 3.31s. You could build a very capable suspension for under 2k whether it for drag or autoX and if you must have everything I don't think you would even apporach 3k. As far as tire there are guys out there running 335s with some light modifications and some running 315 under stockish suspensions. The chassis is very stiff so reinforcement is really only needed for serious track duty. Like any car it could always be improved but overall ford did a pretty good job with this car. I actually like it when the factory leaves room for me to improve the car unlike some cars like the M3 or if I was Scrooge McDuck the Ford GT
Old 08-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Boosted04s2k

howdy all...

wow.... i haven't been on this site for awhile..anyways i have a 04 s2k with a Vortech blower running stock boost...Just wanted to make a post in order to clear some things up.Haven't been to the track but i should be good for high 12's in the 1/4 mile.And i'm putting down around 300whp with just the blower and a test pipe.My car is about 2800lbs.A well drivin stock s2k should be good for high 13's in the 1/4 mile.on s2ki.com we have had some get 13.7...but on average it's about a 14.1 second car.I'm thinking about upgrading the boost but like most of you know it gets pretty expensive.just cause it's a 4 banger shouldn't underestimate s2k's we have guys putting down 500whp+.to the OP don't sweat it we all get beat sooner or later..always gonna be a faster car around.

Peace
David

Quick Reply: smoked by s2k sc