Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

I'm an idiot.... but a lucky idiot

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:00 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default I'm an idiot.... but a lucky idiot

ok, I am officially done with street racing.

Anyways, i was leaving my apartment earlier today and i notice there is a green camaro a couple cars behind me. we end up turning down the same roads, and this guy with his gf next to him pull up to me, and he gooses it hard. this thing just looked like a completely worked LT1 (which i determined by the gawd aweful exhaust tone [:'(] honestly, why cant gm make them sound good?) we end up taking another turn together and are on a stright open 4 laned road with a divider. just prime for a drag. so i get up next to him and yell "3 honks" (unfortunately (well... not really, but ull find out....) i didnt have my bottle open and i dont have my remote opener yet). so we are going about 30, and I give the honks, but i forget to rev right at the end for a good hard "roll launch". we race through my 3rd gear (about to 80) and he took me by about 2-3 lengths, but i think i could have closed the gap with a better start. anyways, right at the end of the race my fuzz buster starts freaking out []. Oh ****..... i look up and ther is a tan crown vic coming over a little hill in front of us with lights all over it. I quickly hit the brakes and drop to about 40 mhp. and i seethe cop come across the curb divider with his lights on so i just pull over. yeah, "im screwed" i thought, but not half as bad as if i were to run..... im and idiot, but im not an idiot.... u know? so the cop cruises up right behind me and then does a super troopers move and swerves out after the camaro which was trying to turn into a developement. as soon as the cop left i saw my chance and punched it to a break in the divider and ducked into another developement... but this was a dead end a little while back, so after about 5 min i had to slowly creep my bright *** blue car out of the developement with the cop and maro sitting about 100 yards north of me. I got out of sight down the road and ducked in and out of side streets my whole way, then hit the interstate and left the city. I kinda feel bad for the guy with the camaro, but hey, he woulda ditched to had he had the chance, and he won . but yeah, i think im racing at the track from now on. its so not worth losing my car and license over.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:14 AM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm an idiot.... but a lucky idiot

your a lucky s.o.b Nice death and almost death.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 AM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean.I actually got a racing ticket a few years ago while racing-losing to a M3[I was bone stock with a bad driver mod],they got me but he kept on hauling a$$ and they didn't catch him.Luckly I got the ticket thrown out with me going traffic school,I knew I dodged a bullet and if I got another one I couldn't use the first offence excuse for traffic school,so I pretty much swore off street racing then.I will still play around a little,but I'm really selective on where I'll do anything.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

funny you say that the LT1 sounded horrible. they're like the best sounding modern musclecar engine lol.

but yea close call dude. u got lucky haha.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:57 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Juvenile fukheads...
Old 09-10-2006, 02:06 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

funny you say that the LT1 sounded horrible. they're like the best sounding modern musclecar engine lol.

i dont know about that. every worked lt1 or ls1 ive ever seen just has a horrible sound.

and randy, be nice
Old 09-10-2006, 02:29 AM
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

i dont know about that. every worked lt1 or ls1 ive ever seen just has a horrible sound.

and randy, be nice
I think a Mustang sounds a lot better than a lt1 or a ls1,but they would probably sound much better with real duel exhaust.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:56 AM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Mustangs definitely sound better.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:04 AM
03truebluegt
2nd Gear Member

Well good thing you got away man. I guess that that taught you a lesson...
Old 09-10-2006, 06:25 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

Mustangs definitely sound better.
+1

As far as GM motors go Lt1's sound the best.

Quick Reply: I'm an idiot.... but a lucky idiot