Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

S/C VETTE

Old 08-20-2004, 02:03 PM
iiiGTiii
2nd Gear Member

Default S/C VETTE

i got a new neighbor and the guy is in his early 40s and he has a s/c vette!!i was asking some 1/4 times and the whp but he hasnt gone to the track yet and hasnt had a dyno yet.my friend with the 454 ss wanted to race but the man didnt want to cuz hes not a street racer he said he would only do it on the track who do you think has this race????anyway im not trying to be a trader or anything but im begeining to love vettes and camaros, just cause they are so powerful. i really need these questions asked so please try your best and answer them..............i was wondering what is it gonna take to hang with the camaros and the vettes especially the supercharged vettes because i saw a video the race against the s/c vette and the 600+ rwhp cobra and i think vette only had 500+rwhp and the vette was pulling on him still inch by inch, this sounds kinda stupid but why???? why did the vette still win with the lower hp is it the wieght diff or what can someone tell me. and can someone tell me what parts to get next. and if you were to choos on preformance wise would you go with the 99- 00 vette or a 03- 04 cobra......................I WANNA BE FAST!!!!!!![:@]
Old 08-20-2004, 02:12 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S/C VETTE

The vette is lighter than the Cobra. Also most of the Corvettes I've seen can plant every bit of the power their making.

As for what it takes to hang, the gloves are off when everybody starts Suoercharging their car. You can only use so much H.P., and it does you no good if your roasting your tires through the gears. (It's fun though)[sm=smiley1.gif]

I just see everyday where sombody pushes the envelope a little further, so get what makes you happy in the long run. I have personally been a Ford fan all of my life, so my view on things can be a little slanted.

Todd
Old 08-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Gearing could have made a big difference.
_______
02 S281E
Old 08-25-2004, 02:59 AM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

Gearing, weight, driver.

Cobras are VERY difficult to drive, they have a cable clutch, Vettes have hydraulic...

Personally, I would go with a Corvette, just because I like the looks more... an 04 Vette and the 03 Cobra should run side by side by the time they reach 100+ but, the Vette can't make any mistakes at all, there is no room for it since the 03 is such a viscious competitor... but, simply slap on the SLP loudmouth and vararam intake system and that 100+ win will be more sealed, throw on a 150 shot, and you can seal the deal with pretty much anything, my bf is about to SC his corvette with ATI, we are dynoeing on Saturday, Vettes are shear luxury and speed... for the price its worth it, but if you need to stay a little cheaper, go Cobra, my bf bro has a Zinc Yellow 03, see my site below....
Old 08-25-2004, 06:25 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

Gearing, weight, driver.

Cobras are VERY difficult to drive, they have a cable clutch, Vettes have hydraulic...

Personally, I would go with a Corvette, just because I like the looks more... an 04 Vette and the 03 Cobra should run side by side by the time they reach 100+ but, the Vette can't make any mistakes at all, there is no room for it since the 03 is such a viscious competitor... but, simply slap on the SLP loudmouth and vararam intake system and that 100+ win will be more sealed, throw on a 150 shot, and you can seal the deal with pretty much anything, my bf is about to SC his corvette with ATI, we are dynoeing on Saturday, Vettes are shear luxury and speed... for the price its worth it, but if you need to stay a little cheaper, go Cobra, my bf bro has a Zinc Yellow 03, see my site below....
By this method you could "simply slap on" a pully and after cat . And yadda yadda yadda. Mods are mods.

The fastest car is the one with the most money spent on it, plain and simple. With unlimited supplys of money I can make a 70s caddy faster than both of these cars.

I honestly cannot beileve someone who could afford either one of these cars would acutally come on this website to have people tell them what they should buy. Every time someone comes on and posts one of these in his/her first few posts I feel a obligation to hit the ignore button.

Im not calling outright bs here.... wait yes I am.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:31 PM
96SilverLT1
3rd Gear Member

rule of thumb.. if your playing with a z06, you will lose. if your playing with a FI Z06, you will lose badly. They are beats already and FI just makes them monstars. if you even come across the C6, good luck, if you ever come across a new ZO6, prey. if you start looking into the history of the vetts you will learn a lot about them. you will see paterns that will get you learning not only aboyt the vettes but about the camaros and firebirds too. like in 92 the vettes got the LT1. then in 03 the fbodys did. in 97 the vettes got the LS1, and in 98 the fbodys did (see the patern?)

I used to have a really good site that had performance info and times for all the vetts including the LT4, LT5 etc etc. I'll see if I can find it. you can learn a lot about it. but My advice. unless your at least a low 13 a vette is outa your range. I'm bearly in C4 teritory. I still need some more time to challence a C5. I'm not much of a vette buff, most of what I know about them comes from the similaritys that they share with the fbody. but remember. the vette is the flagship. nothing will be faster or more advanced then that. the fbodys are close to it but are made to be a little slower. so if you can take an LT1 fbody then you will be close to an LT1 vette and so on.

if you have money, and lots of it. get a new c6 or a new Z06. an 03 cobra is not gona be able to pull it. dunno about an 04 cobra I know nothing about them. The new Z06 is gona be a sub 12 car
Old 08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

The 04 Cobra's are no different than the 03's except that Ford was supposed to fix all the minor issues that the 03 had.

Todd
Old 08-25-2004, 04:31 PM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: WS6speeDemon

Gearing, weight, driver.

By this method you could "simply slap on" a pully and after cat . And yadda yadda yadda. Mods are mods.

The fastest car is the one with the most money spent on it, plain and simple. With unlimited supplys of money I can make a 70s caddy faster than both of these cars.

I honestly cannot beileve someone who could afford either one of these cars would acutally come on this website to have people tell them what they should buy. Every time someone comes on and posts one of these in his/her first few posts I feel a obligation to hit the ignore button.

Im not calling outright bs here.... wait yes I am.

I do not see anything helpful in your post, in any way to anyone, if it aggrivates you so much, then maybe you shouldn't post at all. I was informing him of how EASY it is to mod the vette and seal the deal, giving him pointers and such, you did nothing here, so, go back home, eat PO - TA - TOES, and have mommy tuck you in.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:40 PM
timtimmehh
1st Gear Member

you know PO TA TOES boil'em mash'em stick'em in a stew. Sorry i couldnt resist
Old 08-26-2004, 03:07 PM
iiiGTiii
2nd Gear Member

haha....hey ws6 your ride looks fu**** sick how much do those run for and what are the specs on one of those stock.. again thnx for the pointers and tips