Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Wisconsin's Fastest Street Car Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Dan@W.I.R

Default Wisconsin's Fastest Street Car Shootout

Wisconsin International Raceway, Kaukauna Wi, will be hosting the 2007 Wisconsin's Fastest Street Car Shootout on Sunday August 12

Free Camping and a Bracket race on Saturday Night.
For more info go to www.wirmotorsports.com
http://www.wirmotorsports.com

General Rules and Regulations for the event:

Outlaw Street

--.400 Pro tree Heads up

--Drag slicks allowed ( any tire size )

--Gasoline only

--Functional headlights,tail lights,brake lights,hazard lights and turn signals for year & make of body used mandatory.

--Valid (current) drivers license, vehicle registration, license plates (no dealer or transport plates) & current proof of insurance will be required for all vehicles. VIN numbers will be checked.

--All entries are required to participate in a 30 mile road cruise to prove streetability. Any entry that overheats or breaks down on the cruise will be disqualified. During and after the cruise all entries are required to turn off and restart their engine within 2 minutes. Any entry that fails to restart within allotted time will be disqualified.

--Vehicles must have full interior (back seat removal permitted, area must be carpeted) Kit cars exempt (Cobra etc.)

--Back half cars ok, no full chassis cars

--Exhaust and mufflers required and must extend to or beyond rear axle or be directed away from the car behind the doors

--All vehicles must conform to I.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they will be running

--No Wheelie Bars

--Methanol injection permitted for Turbo and Supercharger cars

Pure Street.

--.400 Pro Tree, Heads up

--D.O.T Approved Tires only ( any size )

--Must run pump gas only. Fuel will be checked if necessary

--Functional headlights,tail lights,brake lights,hazard lights and turn signals for year & make of body used mandatory.

--Valid (current) drivers license, vehicle registration, license plates (no dealer or transport plates) & current proof of insurance will be required for all vehicles. VIN numbers will be checked.

--All entries are required to participate in a 30 mile road cruise to prove streetability. Any entry that overheats or breaks down on the cruise will be disqualified. During and after the cruise all entries are required to turn off and restart their engine within 2 minutes. Any entry that fails to restart within allotted time will be disqualified.

--Vehicles must have full interior (back seat removal permitted, area must be carpeted) Kit cars exempt (Cobra etc.)

--Exhaust and mufflers required and must extend to or beyond rear axle or be directed away from the car behind the doors

--Methanol injection permitted for turbo and supercharger cars.

--All vehicles must conform to I.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they are running

-- No Wheelie Bars

Sport Compact

--.400 Pro Tree, Heads up

--D.O.T Approved Tires only ( any size )

--Must run pump gas only. Fuel will be checked if necessary

--Methanol injection permitted on turbo and supercgarged cars

--All vehicles must conform to I.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they will be running

Street Motorcycle

--No Wheelie Bars

--.400 Pro Tree

--Heads up

--Functional headlights,tail lights,brake lights mandatory.

--D.O.T approved rear tire only

--All vehicles must conform to I.H.R.A general rules

Middle Weight Street Bike ( 700-cc & under )

--No Wheelie Bars

--.400 Pro Tree

--Heads up

-- 700-cc size limit

--Functional headlights,tail lights,brake lights mandatory.

--D.O.T approved rear tire only

--All vehicles must conform to I.H.R.A general rules
Old 11-21-2006, 08:00 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wisconsin's Fastest Street Car Shootout

I would love to see the Pure Street cars run, sounds pretty much like Hot Rod's Pump Gas Drags. 8 second cars that theoretically could pull up next to you at a light, whoop the living crap out of your car, then stop off at Mobil to fill up for the next victim.[sm=badbadbad.gif]
A guy I know was in the Pump Gas Drags and ran a 9.6. He wasn't even close to the fastest car there.[:-]
I may have to make a road trip.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:12 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Wisconsin's Fastest Street Car Shootout

That sounds like a great time and since Im from WI I just might have to make the trip! Thanks for posting the info Dan