Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

01 WS6 vs 01 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 01 WS6 vs 01 ZO6

...and no one believed me running even with one, yet pewter is not much faster if at all and he claims pulling over a car length on one and you all buy it...

[8D]
Old 01-22-2007, 02:31 AM
Pewterwssicc
2nd Gear Member

I remember when we had this talk about your ZO6 run in and i believed you. If you remember right this is the 2nd one ive ran. I stayed even with the other one before i got my mods. But i attributed that to it being an 01, with either a crappy driver or lots of weight in stereo equipment, or both. But this time he didnt have any of that and seemed to drive it pretty well. Now with my new mods, i think from a dig i should be able to run with a stock 02.

Them not believing you is pretty much the same as when nobody on here believed me that a stayed dead even with an 04 cobra with the mods in my sig. Whenever you approach vehicles that should have a big advantage, everyone is going to automatically be a disbeliever.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:25 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
2nd Gear Member

Did you hear the guy downshift?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Pewterwssicc
2nd Gear Member

He didnt have to, he started in 1st. We where at an intersection. I had a red going straight and he was on the right side. He took a right, right as my light turned green. Thats why he had a 3 car lead on me. I was just part throttling to catch up, because i thought it would just be an old guy that wouldnt race. But once i started to gain a tiny bit he took off on me. So i hit it right after him. We only raced up to about 90 and i heard and saw him shift twice. That would mean he went through all of his gears.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pewterwssicc

I remember when we had this talk about your ZO6 run in and i believed you. If you remember right this is the 2nd one ive ran. I stayed even with the other one before i got my mods. But i attributed that to it being an 01, with either a crappy driver or lots of weight in stereo equipment, or both. But this time he didnt have any of that and seemed to drive it pretty well. Now with my new mods, i think from a dig i should be able to run with a stock 02.

Them not believing you is pretty much the same as when nobody on here believed me that a stayed dead even with an 04 cobra with the mods in my sig. Whenever you approach vehicles that should have a big advantage, everyone is going to automatically be a disbeliever.
:-P You would kill a stock terminator, and run a mildly modded one, no harm in admitting that! I was honestly just trying to stir up controversy again.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Pewterwssicc
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i am pretty sure i can run quite a few cars from a dig and win. I do however realize that some of those same cars in a roll race would beat me pretty good. I am still pretty sure that it'll be close with a stock 01 ZO6 from a roll, an 02 should take me by a few car lengths, and stock terminator would lose, a full bolt-on one would get me good from a roll. But i like to race from a dig mostly anyway, atleast from a very low mph roll, so we still go from 1st. The MT Drag Radials hook up so damned good, especially from 1st to 2nd shift. I dont know if its cause i cant hear it over my exhaust, but i swear i cant even chirp the tires shifting into 2nd anymore. And its not because i shift slow. I used to be able to chirp my nitto DR's in 2nd and 3rd without much trouble. FYI, nitto drag radials are garbage compared to the MT ET street radials.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Pewterwssicc
2nd Gear Member

I posted this on LS1tech and one of the guys said he has a friend with a 03 Cobra with just a 2.93 pulley. Now i dont really believe that is strictly all that it has. But say it is, how do you guys think i would do against it from a roll and a dig. What are your thoghts if it actually has CAI, 2.93 pulley, and off road x-pipe. I will still run him no matter what, i am just curious as to what the outcome may be.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 AM
V6yellowStang
2nd Gear Member

I have a quick question for you pewter. You said you heard/saw him shift twice and said that he'd used all his gears. That means he was an automatic 01 Z06, which does have the LS6-but only 385Hp worth. YOU are running 13.1, not some magazine. I say that b/c the 01 Z06 is suppose to run 13.0 in the quater. That'saccording to:http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html. There's no telling how good a driver this guy was. Seemed like a legit race. Basically your car is around 35-40Hp less in stock trim, but you have mods so you should be about even give or take 10hp. I'd say good race man. Next time don't take it easy catching up to him. Line up quick and race straight up man.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pewterwssicc

I posted this on LS1tech and one of the guys said he has a friend with a 03 Cobra with just a 2.93 pulley. Now i dont really believe that is strictly all that it has. But say it is, how do you guys think i would do against it from a roll and a dig. What are your thoghts if it actually has CAI, 2.93 pulley, and off road x-pipe. I will still run him no matter what, i am just curious as to what the outcome may be.

Just as "LS1 stock" often includes a 150-shot, "just a pulley" means intake, pulley, midpipe, and dyno tune at the very least. Some guys get their blowers p/p and do all those and still say just a pulley and leave out the fact that running the same amount of boost on a ported blower moves way more cfm than the stock blower. Expect him to be putting 420-450rwhp down (aka, mid-12s car at 113 most likely).

I say run him, film it, and post it here :-P.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
blazer_4.3
4th Gear Member

Yeah just film it, and there is no debating afterwards.
You beating a cobra is believeable, but the Z06 I have ran into were some good runners apparently.
I dont want to stir any **** up, but I have rana couplefull bolt on LS1's. avg putting 3 cars on them. So with that said, the LT1 should do similar to your car.

Quick Reply: 01 WS6 vs 01 ZO6