Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

cops chasing me...:| 90 lx top end speed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 01:54 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

Default cops chasing me...:| 90 lx top end speed?

ok well, being just barely 17 i had to be home by 1 last night form a party... well i was late so i decided its a good time for me to really test my car out, i dropped to third and stomped the gas.. then through 4th.. then 5th.. it went past the 140 mark a little bit and wouldnt move any farther? but it wasnt cutting out and i know i was still gaining speed and kept getting higher revs..? anyone know why the needle wont keep going around, or what the highest top end they can go, because i wasnt red lining. anyways i come into town, doing about 90miles in a 50km zone.. so i slow down and go to take my turn and gave it a nice shot of fuel and fishtail up my road for about 30 feet, anyways i see this car coming quick.. there was no lights on but i had a weird feeling maybe it was cops, being only 1km awya from home, i lay on it again and pull into my driveway and shut it off.. cops drive by and dont even see me i felt a good sigh of releif after that :| anyways that was last night and i talked to my friend tonight, he was sitting in a parking lot by my road where i swung it and he said he never laughed so hard before becuase the cops were right beside me he said i must of known it was them and was toying with them, i guess the cop came back talking to him asking who i was cuz he didnt know the car, my friend says oh theres 3 or 4 red mustangs around here lately i dont know, but im the only red mustang, hell theres only me and a lime green one..(dont ask, hes dumb) and the cop was telling him that he lost me over the hill and must of been one fast car hahaha anyways, i was pretty nervous!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:02 AM

Default RE: cops chasing me...:| 90 lx top end speed?

Gotta love kids...

140 i'm assuming is km since you were saying you were 1 km from your house...

Old 10-11-2004, 02:08 AM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

no.. 140 miles, this was before i got into town.. what mustang do u know only registered for 140 clicks? :| i said i was doing 90 miles in town then slowed down to take the turn...
Old 10-11-2004, 02:43 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

140 is f**kin scary !!! been there, done that. never again unless its a drag car on the track !!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:00 AM

A 90 LX speedo goes up to 140 mph?!? [&:]

Old 10-11-2004, 03:52 AM
EmptyEvergreen
3rd Gear Member

yeah, even my buddies 89 lx goes up to 140 i think they changed itf rom 85 in 89
Old 10-11-2004, 03:53 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I hope you get flat tires, every day.

17 years old and driving like a moron. Top speed shouldn't be your concern. Paying for your own insurance inseatd of risking Mommy & Daddies rates and keeping your license should be the only concern you have, not why your speedo cut out at 140. [:@]
Old 10-11-2004, 08:35 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Yes that was wreckless, you got lucky you didn't get stopped, you would have been cuffed and singing a different tune.

Speed like that is not meant for the streets.

Now now I have done stuff like that before and from time to time engage in a light to light race. I learned my lesson, the hard way. Lost a good friend and that's all it took.

But to answer your main question, you don't have the HP to get any faster. The drag on the car at those speeds requires more HP to gain anymore speed.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:03 PM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

If you really want to see how good your car is and how good of a driver you are, take it to the track.
Don't be driving stupid like in your story. Can you imagine what would happen to you if a dog walked out in front of you at 140, or even 90? Yeah, the dog would be dead for sure, but you also could very well be dead also. Now try to explain that to your folks?

Another thing, are you under your folks insurance? If so, show your folks you care, because if anything happens, it's their rates that'll go up. Drive smart, and keep their rates down.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:13 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

how's he gonna explain to his folks that he's dead?

Quick Reply: cops chasing me...:| 90 lx top end speed?