Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

trail blazer ss

Old 02-14-2007, 12:58 AM
cgseanp

Default RE: trail blazer ss

ORIGINAL: doodad

i raced against a KB trail blazer SS and he ran 13.5 or something.. my stock GT and KB trail blazer is very close.. dead even.\

stock ones should be around mid 14s. but i heard that with chip they bump like 40hp.

if you can drive, seriously you will get his money!
no way dude. I don't even think there are any KB SS's, if there are it would of been something custom.. either way, a TB SS with a Magnacharger and the magnacharger tune went 13.0 at 107 I think. With a stall converter and a few other supporting mods it would hit mid 12s easily.

There have been stock TB SS's hitting mid 14s and some hitting mid 13s(weather mainly the factor), probably just like the mustang GTs. And like other people mentioned, there are plenty of guys with bolt ons and tunes hitting 12s.

In case you guys wondered, I have an 06 TB SS. My best time at the 1/8 was a 9.301 with a crappy 2.3 60' @ 77mph. Qualcomm inSan Diegoisn't known for good traction. I think I'll be heading there this friday tho to see if I can better my times since the weather should be a little colder and I have a CAI now (no tune yet)than the last time I was there. Maybe ill see some of you guys out there.
Oh and they aren't that expensive, I got my loaded 06 with leather ( no nav) for 29,900, it had a msrp of 36k.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:53 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

I saw what i think was a stock one running 13.9's at 102 or so, which means with a launch he'd be mid 13's..

fast, but im sure theyre exspensice too, into the 40K range or more...
Magazines tested a stock one and got low-mid14s out of it.. KB SS was running mid-low 13s all day and i watched him personally he DID NOT have any traction issues due to that AWD (or 4x4)
Old 02-14-2007, 02:54 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cgseanp

i raced against a KB trail blazer SS and he ran 13.5 or something.. my stock GT and KB trail blazer is very close.. dead even.\

stock ones should be around mid 14s. but i heard that with chip they bump like 40hp.

if you can drive, seriously you will get his money!
no way dude. I don't even think there are any KB SS's, if there are it would of been something custom.. either way, a TB SS with a Magnacharger and the magnacharger tune went 13.0 at 107 I think. With a stall converter and a few other supporting mods it would hit mid 12s easily.

There have been stock TB SS's hitting mid 14s and some hitting mid 13s(weather mainly the factor), probably just like the mustang GTs. And like other people mentioned, there are plenty of guys with bolt ons and tunes hitting 12s.

In case you guys wondered, I have an 06 TB SS. My best time at the 1/8 was a 9.301 with a crappy 2.3 60' @ 77mph. Qualcomm inSan Diegoisn't known for good traction. I think I'll be heading there this friday tho to see if I can better my times since the weather should be a little colder and I have a CAI now (no tune yet)than the last time I was there. Maybe ill see some of you guys out there.
Oh and they aren't that expensive, I got my loaded 06 with leather ( no nav) for 29,900, it had a msrp of 36k.
whole stang club was there and saw it.. it was KB trail blazer SS and that blower was screaming! US41 dragway, IN november 5th 2006. There were 2 TB SS black and one had tune only his best was 13.9ish and KB SS had clocks off.. when he beat me, i ran 14.3 and he had like 5-7 cars on me so i assume he ran mid-low 13s. we raced again and we were almost dead even.. he was like half car ahead and i ran 13.6
Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

whole stang club was there saw it.. it was KB trail blazer SS and that blower was screaming!
I don't doubt it was SC'ed but it wasprolly a maggy....

EDIT: KB makes a kit for it though so it is possible
Old 02-14-2007, 03:25 AM
cgseanp

I believe you, but something must have been up with his truck if he was only hitting a mid 13 with the supercharger considering thats the time most guys with mail order tunes are getting. oh well

anyways, to the thread starter, I have no idea how fast your car is with all your mods, but I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem beating a stock AWD SS. I'd say the majority of TB SS's are tuned by now tho so you never know.

heres a vid of a TB SS(i think it was stock or close to) vs a 04 stang GT with some kinds of mods. Good race till higher speeds.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=CIMG0681.flv
Old 02-14-2007, 03:28 AM
cgseanp

I dont think kenne bell has a kit for the Trailblazer, if they do nobody I know of has one. I think they have kits for other LS2 powered cars so I'm sure it woudlnt be hard to hook it up.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
jakes4321
1st Gear Member

Not to bring up an old post but I think you raced me in the tbss at us41......The truck isnt s/c just tuned, efans , and ud pulley....2wd and it went 13.30 at 103 with a 1.9 60'
Old 06-15-2007, 04:16 AM
mustangfreak417
2nd Gear Member

they are pretty fast actually- one day i was driving and i saw one in the lane ahead of me with a big *** chevy sticker on the back window (pisses me off) so i floored it to catch up with him and he saw me coming in his mirror and put the hammer down as well- i was pulling on him but it was slowly- they have some ***** (425 hp stock i wanna say)
Old 06-15-2007, 11:00 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: _UnLiMiTeD_

if you want to compare 1/4 times u can try this link, its fairly accurate.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
A bit skewed...I sent them absolute proof from MM&FF of a few vehicles that ran better than your water head motortrend employee is capable ofand they refused to add them. .....

TonyGXP ran 13.4 @ 102mph in a bone stock 2wd SS... I wouldn't get to confident if i was racing one in a bone stock mustang (save for a termi)
Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
jakes4321
1st Gear Member

Yeah Tonygxp truck is flyin!! I do think that he went 13.49 in negative da though....I went 13.79 at 99 stock and so has a friend of mine. When I say stock I mean down to the air filter...
But I guess if you dont like LS2's you just dont like em......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: trail blazer ss