Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

NEW TRACK TIMES!!! This time I went to a different track

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 AM
sipynsyrup
2nd Gear Member

Default NEW TRACK TIMES!!! This time I went to a different track

Friday night I went to Lonestar Motorsports Park and they had it where you had to drive through the water box. That night I couldn't hook for ****. The best that night was a 15.0x w/ a 2.2 60'

TONIGHT I made a few runs. My best was a 14.5@92w. a 2.0x 60. ON STREET TIRES

Check out my 60' times. Considering this is my 3rd time ever to the track, are they decent times considering my mods???

My first run was a 15.0x with a 2.1 60', but I didnt spin one bit so decided to slip my clutch faster. It worked... the rest of my 60' times were 2.0x.

They are in order. Far right was my first run far left was my last run. Car got above 210* a few times... my car never gets this hot..

Also, last weekend I changed my transmission fluid. When I drained the fluid it ran on my cat. I now smell transmission fluid everytime after I get on it.
Wouldnt it burn off before a week?? I am getting nervous. Maybe it is leaking or something?? The exhaust did get tranny fluid on it from the drain plug.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW TRACK TIMES!!! This time I went to a different track

thats pretty damn nice dude considering your mods
Old 03-19-2007, 01:46 AM
sipynsyrup
2nd Gear Member

On the 14.5 run I was racing an 05-07 gt... sounded stock. I took him about a car and a half off the launch and then held my ground through the finish line. I was surprised he didnt suck me up. I was waiting on it. I was expecting to lose since I was owned on the street by one.

I was running consistent 2.0x 60' times, but I was shooting for 1.9x 60' times. I am on ****ty street tires and I would have loved to bust a 1.9x 60' time. I came very close on the 14.5 run. Maybe next time.

Also, I have a very good question.

What is it they spray on the track that makes it sticky?? They have it in a bottle thing and spray it every few hours. I was wanting to buy and and have it rigged up where I have a motor running it and have hoses going to my back tires through the fender area from trunk. So I can push a button and get my street tires sticky and romp on some cars with dr's. Haha ... I am very interested in making something like that. My friend said that **** is real sticky and I wanted to try some on my tires next time I go. I just want a 1.9x 60' on street tires!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:53 AM
sipynsyrup
2nd Gear Member

Is is possible to run a 1.8x 60' on street tires?? I am planning on spraying that sticky crap all over my tires next time I go. Iwill beshooting for 14.3-14.4 ET and 1.9x 60'

If that crap works, then I will let you guys know. I will also then be getting me a custom kit so I can spray it with just the push of a button on my tires when I get the dirt off.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:59 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Those times arent bad. Seems like you should be trapping a little higher than that. Maybe 96-98????? Maybe not. I'm not 5.0 expert.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 AM
sipynsyrup
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Those times arent bad. Seems like you should be trapping a little higher than that. Maybe 96-98????? Maybe not. I'm not 5.0 expert.
I think I might be shifting a little late(5100)... I am going to try 4900 next time and shoot for 1.9's on street tires....

I was told I would only run high 14's at most. So I dont feel bad about my times. Also, I was driving a full weight 94 gt VERT
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Those are really good 60' times especially on street tires, good job
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sipynsyrup

Is is possible to run a 1.8x 60' on street tires?? I am planning on spraying that sticky crap all over my tires next time I go. Iwill beshooting for 14.3-14.4 ET and 1.9x 60'

If that crap works, then I will let you guys know. I will also then be getting me a custom kit so I can spray it with just the push of a button on my tires when I get the dirt off.
Yes that stuff works, it says you can spray them on your tires and it will last a Good Week, Through Rain. But i dunno. My friend was also going to Rig it to Spray on his wheels when ever he was goanna Race,
Old 03-19-2007, 01:02 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Whats it called I have never heard of it before?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

Good job, nice runs!!!

Quick Reply: NEW TRACK TIMES!!! This time I went to a different track