Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New Times with Mongoose on!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Times with Mongoose on!

ORIGINAL: bigedog8

ya but im in indiana which is a LONG *** ways away, or I would have been down there by now for sure
I hear ya - I drove down from NY.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Nice Times dude.. With tune and pulley, you are at low 12s easily.

That White 01 cobra and I lined up and off the line, i hopped pretty bad and i had to let go and he was already like 6-7 cars ahead and i got on it and by the time we finished, he was only like 3 cars ahead. He was pretty happy and i wwas not mad at all because i knew i was a lot faster than him since i closed the lenghts pretty quick. Then we lined up again and i FREAKING HOPPED again, I let go and then i got on it and walked away from him. I was watching on my mirror, He was keep falling back.

And then the last race, i lined up against your buddy's Turbo civic and My car hopped so bad and poped out of gear. i thought i broke the rear and i stopped, then slowly drove down to 1/4 mile and my timeslip was 26@32mph LMFAO!!

that scared me and i left.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

That's pretty good man!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:50 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Did you acutally get the kit from MPH, or is it used?

If its from MPH, I don't see why your having tuning problems. if something is wrong, you need to be on a dyno and telling them whats happening so they can send you a new tune.

If its not... well your just nuts running around on a untuned FI setup with a stock 2v motor.

Just FYI, with boltons/cams and the MPH kit my first run was a 12.41@114 MPH with a 1.90 60'
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

I bought it brand spankin new......and it was running rich, i consulted tim and he told me what to do, so Its mostly straightened out now, but i still think u need a dyno tune to get the most out of a specific vehicle
Old 03-21-2007, 04:02 AM
eaguilar85

where did you get the kit from?
you install it yourself?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

the kit was new and mph is the only place to get a mongoose kit so from them. and yes I installed it myself
Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

sry for my noobness... but WTH is a mongoose kit?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:25 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

its a kit with a wheel and when your engine warms up its gets hot in there and theres a mongoose on the wheel and it makes him run really fast thus using his energy to help power the car.....

ok jk. its a vortech supercharger kit from modularpowerhouse, and it comes with EVERYTHING you need to install and get it working inlcuding an xcal2 with the "mongoose" tune on it. they just coined teh name mongoose for the kit/tune
Old 03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

The "Mongoose" is any member of the Herpestidae family of small, cat-like carnivores. They are found in Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, and southern Europe in more than thirty species, ranging between one and four feet in length. Mongooses feed on insects, crabs, worms, lizards, and other small creatures (as well as eggs and sometimes fruits), but they are best known for their ability to fight and kill venomous snakes such as the cobra (ophiophagy). ...

Quick Reply: New Times with Mongoose on!