Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

06 Cobalt SS S/C with "Stage II" mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: 06 Cobalt SS S/C with "Stage II" mod

he's probably got you.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:04 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

I have a friend, He has the GM stage 2 kit on his ss and with slicks and suspention mods, and a 75 shot(plus a few more bolt ons) he managed a 12.8 at 110. Real nice time for a Coblat. when he was just stage 2 & intake. He ran 13.8 at 105. Have you ever ran at the track before? I think high 13's are pretty common for a Cobalt with the mods you mentioned.
Damn, sounds like a sick Cobalt... but no, I've never been to the track before. I shouldrun high 13's (if the conditions are perfect)with the few mods I have and 104-105 octane from Moroso, right? And I forgot to mention he's not the best with a manual trans (about 6months experience)so thats also on my side
Old 04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bones srt4

ORIGINAL: MarineCorps03GT

Im running one latertonight. It's the same one I've talked about (my friend's) since I first got here.Except this time, he has his"Stage II" mod, from the dealer, on his side. It's new injectors and a pulley for his S/C. He says he's running 17psi now. His other mods are CAI, short shifter, and exhaust. My mods are in my sig.

What's gonna happen 0-130mph? My thoughts are that if I beat him, he's doing something wrong...

And so you know... we raced 0-130mphwhen I had only exhaust and CAI. He had CAI, short shifter, and exhaust at the time. My windows were down (big difference at 130mph lol) and we both had 3 otherpeople in the car. Anyway I had one length on himat all times and was veryslowly walking away.

EDIT: I think I might throw in some octane boost andbump up my timing a little bit tonightfor that extra inch... or millimeter

thats real smart. if your going to race someone why endanger 3 more ppl in each car ?
Sorry dad. Won't let it happen again. But hey, hey, hey... Im actuallyVERY smart. I won second place in the spelling bee in 3rd grade.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:41 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Damn, sounds like a sick Cobalt... but no, I've never been to the track before. I shouldrun high 13's (if the conditions are perfect)with the few mods I have and 104-105 octane from Moroso, right? And I forgot to mention he's not the best with a manual trans (about 6months experience)so thats also on my side
Hey, I'm down in Miami and am thinking of going to Moroso in a week or two, would you be up for getting some people together? I recently put in some Steeda Pulleys and my gears, and I'm anxious to see what they did for me.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

I have a friend, He has the GM stage 2 kit on his ss and with slicks and suspention mods, and a 75 shot(plus a few more bolt ons) he managed a 12.8 at 110. Real nice time for a Coblat. when he was just stage 2 & intake. He ran 13.8 at 105. Have you ever ran at the track before? I think high 13's are pretty common for a Cobalt with the mods you mentioned.
I've been driving a manual off and onfor about 2 years. And off and on I mean like once or twice a month, but I just recently bought an 05 GTwith a manual and I would say I'm pretty damn good at shifting that thing. 6 months of driving a manual, he could be a damn good driver by now if he's learned his car.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
KaMiKaZiPosTMaN

Well actually i raced a kid around me who had a Saturn Ion Redline...supposively(sp?) with the stage 2 blower, blower pulley, cams, and intake...at the time i just had my 02' GT (auto) with my SLP X-pipe and LMII's..took him by about a car length..He also claimed to be pushing 22 lbs of boost with his pulley. This kid was also known to bull****. So whether it was stock, stage 2, or type gsxgtr to the fourth power..who knows
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KaMiKaZiPosTMaN

Well actually i raced a kid around me who had a Saturn Ion Redline...supposively(sp?) with the stage 2 blower, blower pulley, cams, and intake...at the time i just had my 02' GT (auto) with my SLP X-pipe and LMII's..took him by about a car length..He also claimed to be pushing 22 lbs of boost with his pulley. This kid was also known to bull****. So whether it was stock, stage 2, or type gsxgtr to the fourth power..who knows
He was definately lying or couldnt drive for sh*t.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:16 AM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

Hey, I'm down in Miami and am thinking of going to Moroso in a week or two, would you be up for getting some people together? I recently put in some Steeda Pulleys and my gears, and I'm anxious to see what they did for me.
Hell yea, sounds good to me. I REALLY need to get my car to the track... I've been threatening to do it forever... plus, like you said, I need to see what my new littlemods have done for the car. PM me ifyou want to set something up.

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

I've been driving a manual off and onfor about 2 years. And off and on I mean like once or twice a month, but I just recently bought an 05 GTwith a manual and I would say I'm pretty damn good at shifting that thing. 6 months of driving a manual, he could be a damn good driver by now if he's learned his car.
Yea this is true... I think around town, like when we're just local-car-show-hopping, he's pretty much used to it. But when it comes to racing... not so much. He frequently misses gears, sometimes it'll take him a long time to shift into gear (even with a short-throw ), etc. I think he gets nervous.

ORIGINAL: KaMiKaZiPosTMaN

Well actually i raced a kid around me who had a Saturn Ion Redline...supposively(sp?) with the stage 2 blower, blower pulley, cams, and intake...at the time i just had my 02' GT (auto) with my SLP X-pipe and LMII's..took him by about a car length..He also claimed to be pushing 22 lbs of boost with his pulley. This kid was also known to ****. So whether it was stock, stage 2, or type gsxgtr to the fourth power..who knows
haha yep there's DEFINITELY something wrong with that picture... he shouldve got you with that many mods... and he shouldnt be running THAT much boost. My buddy with the Cobalt we're talking about is only running 17psi with the stage II mod. I think you should hit him in the face. Repeatedly.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 AM
jewel91lx5.0
I ♥ Acer

am I the only one who thinks it is just dumb to race to 130 with 3 people in each car when you could just let the passengers watch from the side and race to 100
Old 04-30-2007, 09:29 AM
jslove1408
1st Gear Member

^^^ I agree with this statement. However you said that he is running 17psi now what was he running before and how much did you beat him by?

Quick Reply: 06 Cobalt SS S/C with "Stage II" mod