Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

HOLY CRAP THIS WAS THE BEST!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Default HOLY CRAP THIS WAS THE BEST!!

Ok so check this out.......I'm on my way home from the SD cruise and the 5 fwy in SD is crazy packed......So i decide to get off and hit up PCH till it ends after Carlsbad.......Ok so anyways here it is...........I'm just minding my own business enjoying the sunset and just cruising along.....when out of nowhere this eclipse creeps out from the traffic and is now tailgaiting me on a single lane street.......popping off his little blow off valve.....and just being a total A$$.....so finally after the street comes to a straight away now with 2 lanes.....he pulls up next to me and pops off again so i say Screw it the streets are clear and no cops.....so i give him a lil rev.....then its on.....[sm=gears.gif]so wego from a roll at35....I'm on it and he'sabouta1/2 car length back when all of a sudden i hear this really loudPOP and pieces of metal clanking together and hitting the asphalt (it scared the crap out of me) so i look back over myshoulderandwhat do i see?.....His cute little Eclipse smoking like a old lady in Vegas.......and this look of HUGE embarrassment on his face.[sm=sigh.gif] needless to say after that i just laughed and went on my way......anyways i had to tell you guys!! It was theBEST part of my day!!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:21 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HOLY CRAP THIS WAS THE BEST!!

SWEET!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Tawse

Ahahahhhaha! Great story - I had an Eclipse blowing off his little valve today as well. Seems to be a problem they have. I however had a passenger, and we were in the downtown section of a small town which = no thanks.

Glad to hear someone was putting things right somewhere out there.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

Maybe he hit the Nitrous and BOOM! Another Fast and Furious car dies
Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

The best I ever saw was a dropped S-10 and a Toyota Matrix (No kidding) trying to race from a light just before a bridge in new orleans. Keep in mind the roads in new orleans are not very well kept, and the bridges are even worse. After they made it over the bridge, the S-10 hits a dip in the road and sparks fly from his ridiculously low bed. Not 10 seconds later, the bed twists loose and is dragging sideways behind the truck. I have no idea how he took care of that problem.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

i had something similar happen with a 1990 honda crx the first week i had my car.. he was trying to race... i accelerated a lil heavier than normal as he was bangin through is gears, then something from his car was banging against the ground as he blew smoke... was a great time!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:21 AM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

you know his story will be that he was pulling away at 140 when the motor let go. HA Ha. Love it when that happens though. I had an older chevy truck spray on me once and he was pulling on my in my stone stock 93 pickup when all of a sudden my windshield got showered with oil and his headers and exhaust caught fire from the oil. It was great. But I've blow motors like that too so being on the other end isnt' that fun.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Sap
4th Gear Member

As cool as I'm sure you feel your story is, do us all a favor, stop racing on PCH, it's not a damn drag strip. There are races every other friday at the Q, just go there for christ sake.

It only takes one time hitting some beach bunny and your life will be over. Plus there are cops everywhere, they pull you over and you lose your car, 10K+ in fines... it's a no brainer... keep it on the track.

http://www.racelegal.com

E.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sap

As cool as I'm sure you feel your story is, do us all a favor, stop racing on PCH, it's not a damn drag strip. There are races every other friday at the Q, just go there for christ sake.

It only takes one time hitting some beach bunny and your life will be over. Plus there are cops everywhere, they pull you over and you lose your car, 10K+ in fines... it's a no brainer... keep it on the track.

http://www.racelegal.com

E.

Theres always someone that gets all puffed up for nothing......My storyI thought was more Funny then cool buddy......and trust meI dont race for the hell of it especially on PCH......and the part on PCH where theSMALL race did take place wasnothing but sidewalk on both sides no shops, no houses, nobeach bunny's,no carsjust water on both sides of the street......and even if his engine didnt blowI wouldnt have kept on itI just wanted to mess with him.........SoI appreciate not being talked down to.....Thank you
Old 06-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

Always some excuse why its ok... do you even pay any attention to how dangerous racing on the street is?

https://mustangforums.com/m_3367240/tm.htm

What your not realizing is that people die because of small stupid races, people like my Fiancee. I'm not talking down to you purposefully, I'm just making it damn clear that it was not funny, and it was not cool. This street racing B.S. has to stop. If it was some cornfield in Nebraska, fine.. But PCH is not some cornfield, I know it well and even if there are no other people around, there are other drivers.

E.

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP THIS WAS THE BEST!!