Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Watched a new Z06 at the track - Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

Default Watched a new Z06 at the track - Disappointed

Well, I got to the track this evening to make a few passes. The temps were hot and the humidity through the roof, but it was at least clear out. When I got the there I spotted a newblack Z06. This was the first time I had seen one in person and man was it nice. Anyways, about 5 minutes after I pulled up, the owner got in and headed to the lanes so I hugged the fence line to see what he would do. He finally made it up to the tree and then took off. 1st pass of the night, 13.1 @ 99. He let off for some reason. So, I figured he was just getting the feel. He came back around and went straight back to the lanes. This time it looked like he was pushing it pretty hard. 2nd pass, 12.8 @ 115. Later on that evening he made one more pass but it was in the 13's with a trap around 114 or so (can't remember). Anyways, I was kind of depressed. I was expecting some better times or at least faster traps. I guess he just didn't know how to drivethe car. I figured even with a bad driver I'd see traps in the high teens or low 120's. Oh well, my runs weren't all the good either, 3 11's = 11.9, 11.7, & 11.6 and I was only trapping119. I'm sure the temps were hurting all of us. Oh well, it was still fun!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Watched a new Z06 at the track - Disappointed

Nice times. I saw a C6 ZO6 hauling ***** down the highway the other day but I would figure that the driver flat out sucked. I think even spinning through 1,2 and maybe 3rd he would gte faster traps than 114. Should of lined up next to him and made him feel like a turd!
Old 07-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

Nice times. I saw a C6 ZO6 hauling ***** down the highway the other day but I would figure that the driver flat out sucked. I think even spinning through 1,2 and maybe 3rd he would gte faster traps than 114. Should of lined up next to him and made him feel like a turd!
A couple of my friends there told me too but I had just pulled up and the car was pretty hot. I suck at driving anyway when I end up grudge matching against someone. I seem to miss every gear in the car!

And yes I agree, he sure didn't look like he knew how to drive that car! More practice and I'm sure he'll do much better.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Good times on your ride considering the weather. Not sure about your car, but humidity absolutely kills mine.
Only thing I can say about the Z06 is at least he was out there putting it through its paces instead of hiding it in a garage, so props to him for that. Who knows he may have just bought it and new to racing, so I wouldn't be disappointed with the times, hopefully he knows he can improve.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Nvr2old32
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Good times on your ride considering the weather. Not sure about your car, but humidity absolutely kills mine.
Only thing I can say about the Z06 is at least he was out there putting it through its paces instead of hiding it in a garage, so props to him for that. Who knows he may have just bought it and new to racing, so I wouldn't be disappointed with the times, hopefully he knows he can improve.
That's true. Nice to see someone spend that kind of money on a great car and actually drive it hard! Why spend 70 grandon a carand then garage it!

Thanks on the props for times. Yeh, the heat really kills my topend too. I was about2 mph off where I'm normally at.It mighthave been better to sit back with a couple of beers and just watch... < Nah...
Old 07-07-2007, 03:17 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

sounds like a c6 dressed as a z06 to me. Those fit c6 times perfectly.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:41 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

+1

Its actually pretty popular. Its called the "wide body conversion". The base modelcoupeis fitted with the fronthood scoop spoiler, wideside panels with badges,the widened quarter panels,rearbrake cooling ductsand trunk spoiler. It all goes for about $7K. The F275Y-18'/R325Y-19' Goodyear EMTs are optional but it finishes off the look. I just got a quote on my rear tires..they are $345 each...ouch![:@]
Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

+1

Its actually pretty popular. Its called the "wide body conversion". The base modelcoupeis fitted with the fronthood scoop spoiler, wideside panels with badges,the widened quarter panels,rearbrake cooling ductsand trunk spoiler. It all goes for about $7K. The F275Y-18'/R325Y-19' Goodyear EMTs are optional but it finishes off the look. I just got a quote on my rear tires..they are $345 each...ouch![:@]
i hate that. The ONLY time i would ever get something from a gt is the rear bumper (if i was gonna go duals because i wouldn't want to notch my bumper) which i wont be doing, or the sideskirts because the black ones just look kinda tacky and most people don't know the difference anyway, other than that i would never do anything to make people think my car was a gt. Hell, if i had a z06, i would probably sell off my hood, quarter panels, spoiler, etc, buy replacement c6 stuff and have a major sleeper...then use the money i made for some mods. Basically i could have a z06 that is a total sleeper that whoops pretty much anythings *** for the price of a normal z06.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

+1

i hate that. The ONLY time i would ever get something from a gt is the rear bumper (if i was gonna go duals because i wouldn't want to notch my bumper) which i wont be doing, or the sideskirts because the black ones just look kinda tacky and most people don't know the difference anyway, other than that i would never do anything to make people think my car was a gt. Hell, if i had a z06, i would probably sell off my hood, quarter panels, spoiler, etc, buy replacement c6 stuff and have a major sleeper...then use the money i made for some mods. Basically i could have a z06 that is a total sleeper that whoops pretty much anythings *** for the price of a normal z06.
I love the looks..you just cant stop people from copying..
Old 07-07-2007, 04:58 AM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't be against doing some of the Z06 body mods if I was to get a C6... I love the way the Z06 looks. BUT, knowing me, I'd make sure that it was on par or better power-wise than a Z06 [8D]

Quick Reply: Watched a new Z06 at the track - Disappointed