Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

gto owner admits defeat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:10 AM
fatman

Default gto owner admits defeat!!!

To start out, I have an 05 GTO with HPE S-cam, ARH, Pullies, and tune. I put down 440rwh and 415rwt. My best run at Atco was 11.9 @116. Last night I ran into a very nice black GT500. I was in Philly watching the races, but decided to leave. The guy in the GT500 left the same time. As we were leaving we both went from a 20mph roll twice. This Stang walked be pretty bad. First gear we were even, but the middle of 2nd gear he had me a car and by the top of third he put a good 2 1/2 cars on me. Had we kept going, I think he would have gotton me another car. We talked and exchanged complements, but I didn't ask what mods he had. He said he has 610hp, but not sure if he ment to the rears or fly wheel. He was a very cool guy. The GT500 is truley an awsome car. I love it when people people with muscle cars can complement each other and except defeat. Hopefully next month I will be going back to Harris Speed to install a 150 shot. I made this post because many people say GTO owners won't post a lost, well, hear it is!!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gto owner admits defeat!!!

lol you posted a lost to the fastest mustang, it couldnt have been a GT or something lol
Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 AM
fatman

Well in all honesty, With the powermy carmakes, I figured it was fair. I have no excuses, that car was worked, fast and gorgous.I new it would come, The thing I love about mustangs, is you never know whatyour up against, until the race is over. Probably won't be the last. I can't be everyone, but I loved losing to something that nice.Wish I could find one for sticker!!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:02 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Well, for him to put one on you like that............I'm sure he's got what I'm sure many will have as they get these GT500'sinto the hands of "true auto enthusiasts" that will run em'...................................Tha pulley swap..

If he's got 600bhp it would almost have to be some type of mod that involves upping the psi....Naturally aspired bolt-ons (intake,headers,throttle body,et.) would'nt net him that much...
Old 07-08-2007, 02:24 AM
Ahnial8u
3rd Gear Member

Very respectable loss. I would think that with 150+ HP on you he would have pulled you a little more. Nice ride!
Old 07-08-2007, 02:27 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Not necessarily. Retunes alone on stock GT500s have shown some impressive gains..........anywhere from 25-40rwhp. Didn't seem right when I first heard about it, but I have seen the dynosheet results on a few examples. Make no mistake, the GT500 with its 3900 girth isn't the fastest thing off the showroom floor, but they seem to be responding to simple modifications in strides.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:33 AM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

Not necessarily. Retunes alone on stock GT500s have shown some impressive gains..........anywhere from 25-40rwhp. Didn't seem right when I first heard about it, but I have seen the dynosheet results on a few examples. Make no mistake, the GT500 with its 3900 girth isn't the fastest thing off the showroom floor, but they seem to be responding to simple modifications in strides.
Those are impressive numbers for a tune.....!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Nice respectable death man. And the GT500 runs mid 12's stock on avg. So he definately had some mods, atleast pulley and exhaust and tune. Get that 150 shot and run him again.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Very respectable death, and nice car you have there! At least he was cool about it.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:41 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I'm 99% certain you ran into a guy with a Steeda pulley with tune. It gave me 135 at the crank. I'm at 54ish at a wheels with them.
I'm no expert on GMs but it seems that most of you guys stay N/A. Is there a reason for that? Seems to me your car would have whooped his *** if you had a blower.

Patrick

ORIGINAL: fatman

To start out, I have an 05 GTO with HPE S-cam, ARH, Pullies, and tune. I put down 440rwh and 415rwt. My best run at Atco was 11.9 @116. Last night I ran into a very nice black GT500. I was in Philly watching the races, but decided to leave. The guy in the GT500 left the same time. As we were leaving we both went from a 20mph roll twice. This Stang walked be pretty bad. First gear we were even, but the middle of 2nd gear he had me a car and by the top of third he put a good 2 1/2 cars on me. Had we kept going, I think he would have gotton me another car. We talked and exchanged complements, but I didn't ask what mods he had. He said he has 610hp, but not sure if he ment to the rears or fly wheel. He was a very cool guy. The GT500 is truley an awsome car. I love it when people people with muscle cars can complement each other and except defeat. Hopefully next month I will be going back to Harris Speed to install a 150 shot. I made this post because many people say GTO owners won't post a lost, well, hear it is!!

Quick Reply: gto owner admits defeat!!!