Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced an Elantra

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Default Raced an Elantra

I was on my way to the gym today. On the trip there I notice asecond gen Hyundai Elantra pacing me. The car was a total abortion. Glued on hood scoops like you see on trucks, A big duel wing on the trunkwith fart can. It had cheap flame decals covering the enitre side of the car and it topped off the awesome look with chrome 14 inch wheels and blacked out windows. We catch a light And I thought it would be funny to throw the kid a rev. He revs back hard several times to let me know it's on! Light turns green and I out launch him but by the time we hit second he has pulled even. We stay even til 3rd and I pull ahead by a bumper. I hold my bumper lead til we hit 4th and I have a half fender lead now. I held this lead til we hit traffic and had to let off. I'm sure I would have lost if I wasn't better at rowing thru the gears than the kid. This was the cloest race I've had in a long time! I was pretty proud of my little car.

Never thought I'd win a race in my AVEO![sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Default RE: Raced an Elantra

did you guys break the speed limit?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM
lovemygt
2nd Gear Member

haha...good kill dude.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:03 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Good kill, and that was the slowest race eva!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

We probably got up to 75 or 80MPH but it was alot of fun to be involved in a really close race. And I'm pretty sure his car had more horse power than mine. But so do most mopeds.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

they were both beat by the ford van in the third lane.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

they were both beat by the ford van in the third lane.
Most likely, but those Aerostar vans are packing some power, LOL. Actually my older Brother was looking at a new van or new SUV for his Wife and kids, they had a new Caravan or Venture, I cant remember which one, but my Brother would roast the tires in that damn thing.

Bluebeast, my 17 year old cousin bought a brand new Aveo for like $12,000, she loves it, but I rode in it and its slow, LOL. But it gets you from point A to point B.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I bought it just to drive back and forth to work in. It get's like 40 miles to the gallon. and I have about a 50 minute trip to work one way.[:@]
Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

I bought it just to drive back and forth to work in. It get's like 40 miles to the gallon. and I have about a 50 minute trip to work one way.[:@]
40MPG is pretty good. My Wifes best friend and her husband have a 2003 Eclipse GT and a 2006 Saturn Ion Redline, and the husband is so hung up on trading both vehicles for 40MPG cars. I'm like "f*ck that", I gotta have some fun. I told them to trade his Eclipse and keep the Redline because it has way more potential. He wants a Civic Hybrid, and she is thinking of a getting a new Civic Si for the fun car. Even though both my Stangs suck gas, I gotta keep them, plus $3.00 per gallon isnt too bad. And I travel about 12 miles round trip to work and the Wife travels about 6 miles round trip to work.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

If he has a redline now , he'll be disapointed with the civic. But ya you gotta have at least one fun car.

Quick Reply: Raced an Elantra