Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

GT vs Cobalt SS supercharged?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT vs Cobalt SS supercharged?

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

ORIGINAL: white07

Cant find one of those things to race. I cant find an SRT-4 to race either. I cant find a LS1 GTO to race either. This sucks[:@]
I'm the same way. I can never find anything to race. Well...until today when a Terminator blew past me on the highway. I'm not afraid to lose, but holy Hell there was no point in racing that Lets say I can never find anything in my league to race...
When I owned the V6, every ricer in town was fair game. Now I'm above them, and there isn't much in my power range in town. Gotta start upgrading to start advancing on other people's turf. =)
Old 07-12-2007, 06:06 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

WOW!!! A thread that I've never seen before, awesome.
Was that sarcasm???[8D]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

The Cobalt SS 2.0L SC (There is also a 2.4L NA) is dead. But its being replaced by the same 2.0L Turbo thats making its way into the Saturn Redline. The Turbo is expected sometime next year.

I know what you mean. I got passed by a C6 Z06, GT2 Turbo, and Viper Coupe all running together ysterday. Not much point. Its either that or a 4door Accord with a Slushbox and a Fartcan.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aynjell

Cant find one of those things to race. I cant find an SRT-4 to race either. I cant find a LS1 GTO to race either. This sucks[:@]
I'm the same way. I can never find anything to race. Well...until today when a Terminator blew past me on the highway. I'm not afraid to lose, but holy Hell there was no point in racing that Lets say I can never find anything in my league to race...
When I owned the V6, every ricer in town was fair game. Now I'm above them, and there isn't much in my power range in town. Gotta start upgrading to start advancing on other people's turf. =)
I think a lot of us are in the "inbetween" zone, running low 12's keeps me ahead of most of what I meet on the street, most times so much so you feel bad for the guy your about to slaughter, how pathetic is that. Then, sometimes like happened to me a few weeks back someone comes along and blows your doors off to remind you that there are seriously bigger dogs out there to catch up to.

I want to be at that seriously big dog level next year.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Depending on altitude 113 mph trapsshould put you in C5 Z06 or C6 LS2 territory.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

I think a lot of us are in the "inbetween" zone, running low 12's keeps me ahead of most of what I meet on the street, most times so much so you feel bad for the guy your about to slaughter, how pathetic is that. Then, sometimes like happened to me a few weeks back someone comes along and blows your doors off to remind you that there are seriously bigger dogs out there to catch up to.

This winter, I'm going to be building an engine. That ought to make mea big dog. I'm thinking of making a Cobra R engine replica if I can do it. Some kind of high displacement frankensteined 4V. Defintely gonna include a cobra top end.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

This winter, I'm going to be building an engine. That ought to make mea big dog. I'm thinking of making a Cobra R engine replica if I can do it. Some kind of high displacement frankensteined 4V. Defintely gonna include a cobra top end.
Thebig dog I'm talking about is mid 10's, if'n yer going to build that monster you might want to add a supercharger. There will always be somebody faster but I figure in the mid 10 second zone, it's gonna take a real monster on the street to take me. I also know that I won't be able to do it with the stock 3V sitting in the car now, but there are some nice bullet 3V's available and I want it to stay 3V.

Good luck with your build, a monster 4V would be sweet!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

[/quote]

Thebig dog I'm talking about is mid 10's, if'n yer going to build that monster you might want to add a supercharger. There will always be somebody faster but I figure in the mid 10 second zone, it's gonna take a real monster on the street to take me. I also know that I won't be able to do it with the stock 3V sitting in the car now, but there are some nice bullet 3V's available and I want it to stay 3V.

Good luck with your build, a monster 4V would be sweet!
[/quote]

Plan is enough displacement and light weight parts to make greater than 350 horses, like a said, probably a Cobra R replica engine of some kind, butwith some nicer parts. I'll see if I can find something that's over engineered to exceed the cobra R stuff, shouldn't be hard. Also, want to add a super charger, which'll probably be why I do an iron block. Still gotta find _THAT_ though, for cheap.