Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

gt v.s srt4

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Vizaracer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: gt v.s srt4

srt4 has u unless he sucks at driving 5-spd. i dont know if he is good or not so you could win but if he challenged you, me may have something under the hood cause most people wont race with just a stock car. srt's can be made really fast, slap a bigger intercooler, intake, exhuast, and stage 2 and those things really run fast. and that is just with about 1k i think. but that may not help him also if he has traction problems. srt-4s are high end cars and arent the best off the line if they have street tires on them.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

I think the stangs chances are slightly better then what people here are saying. Anything can happen on the street.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
srtjd

I would agree that the SRT4 does have traction problems, especially the 03s which have no LSD. Now the 04s have 15 more horse stock and have an LSD and although that does help the traction problem it doesnt solve it all. Theres still horrible wheel hop but for 20-30 dollars you can get motor mount inserts and correct about 90-99% of it as long as your below 300 whp. Beyond that the full motor mount replacements seem to do the trick. And as far as anything happening on the street i agree but i believe everyone here is comparing the 2 vehicles with comperable drivers in both. Your best hope would be that he has just gotten the car and cant launch it well. It takes some practice to get it down right in those cars. So just fine tune your launch as best you can and hope hes a ****ty driver.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: _Catiro_

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: _Catiro_

if the srt4 has a turbo you will win. if not you will lose. also depends which hand the srt4 driver shifts with. i could use $100, so why not send it my way.

WTF did you just say?? Who in the hell are you and why in the hell are you putting out info BS like that?
wow, didn't think this topic was going to be so serious. anyway i was just messing around with the guy which i thought was going to be obvious with the hand comment. i think bench-racing is stupid, why can't yall just run for fun. anyway, many, many stock srt4's (especially 04+) will run high 13s stock. as srtjd mention with the stock turbo many guys have pull 12s. they can be made very fast, for very cheap. so find out what the guy has before you run him.

and jd ... i lurk in the shadows on this site and post here and there (old sn CaTiRo). normally my post are helpful but we just had like several gt vs srt4 threads so i thought i could play around a little on this one. my bad. didn't mean to start anything.

I couldnt tell if there was any sarcasm there or not... so I was like "WTF"??? LOL
Old 02-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

My mustang was bone stock and all I did was take off my mufflers, and I would beat a stock srt every time in the quarter mile. It's just past the quarter where they catch up and start to gain distance. Now I run open headers so they are usually deaf by the time we are done racing.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

BTW I ran a 14.0 with no mods except for the mufflers taken off and running out of the h-pipe.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:20 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

You will get smoked... unless you race from a dig in the 1/8 mile, thats if he's stock.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:22 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ohoneandahalf

My mustang was bone stock and all I did was take off my mufflers, and I would beat a stock srt every time in the quarter mile. It's just past the quarter where they catch up and start to gain distance. Now I run open headers so they are usually deaf by the time we are done racing.

He's an auto thats like 3-4 tenths from a manual GT
Old 02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
SilverBullet5.0
I ♥ Acer

youre giving the GSX way too much credit. They hit 6.7 to 60 stock, they require a bit of upgrades before running with a GT. Boost controller would help a good bit.

Dom
Old 02-25-2005, 01:48 AM
_Catiro_
1st Gear Member

silverbullet did you post in the wrong thread?

Quick Reply: gt v.s srt4