Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

whooped an SS's ass (cont.)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:08 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

Default RE: whooped an SS's *** (cont.)

ORIGINAL: besam

i think you might have mistook the "SS" for a Z28
Like flash and rio95 (in an amazing display of accuracy) have said, they're the same car.
Durka durka.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:12 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

This thread is pointless...He started two threads with the same topic which I'm sureis meant to pad his post count....

A full bolt-on LS1 F-body will average a mid 12 on street tires....A foxbody which is quite a bit lighter than his Cobra is'nt seeing 12's without a poweradder or an indepth motor build...He has neither and is heavier....
Old 11-22-2007, 04:43 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Well, I think that we've all seen cars at the track that run far slower than they should. Such as C6 Z06's that run 13's, bad driver mod ftl. That being said, it's POSSIBLE that his 5.0 could have beaten the LS1, but that would have been a driver win and not a vehicle win. With that out of the way.....

Equal drivers, that SS Camaro is prolly at least a second faster. It usually takes a full h/c/i on a 5.0 to keep up with most LS1's that have a few mods. No offense dude, but your 5.0 Cobra isn't taking any modded LS1s, and it prolly isn't taking stock LS1's either if it only goes high 13's, provided they're driven well. The question is, do you have anything more now than what's listed in your sig?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:47 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone629

Rip95, I'm waiting for answer to my question. How the hell were you at the top of 4th gear with 4.10s and only running 105 mph? Like I stated b4, we are pretty close in gear ratio, and I am running 145+mph at the top of 4th.

ORIGINAL: rio95cobra

i only have 1 timeslip from 2 years ago. i can put it on later if you insist. it was a 13.8 @102. full exhaust, cai, and 4.10's. i need some good tires before i go back because it wont hook for ****. so blow me
5.0's will not rev near as high as your Mach. I have an accurte speedo and at 110 in 4th gear, it was turning ~5200 RPM's. I have 3.55's. Hope that helps.

Edit: 5.0 Cobra with 290RWHP and 4.10's has got to be a pretty good ride, honestly. I know the OP is running his mouth and irritating everyone, but people seem to be bashing the car. No, it wont beat a mooded LS1, in theory, but it should still move out better than most cars. Could it beat a stock LS1,auto with2.73's? Wouldn't they be making about the same WHP? His car is pretty nice, just has an idiot for a driver.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:50 PM
02StangGuy
4th Gear Member

ya know, i dont think it would b such a big deal if he wasnt such a cry baby and a a$$ hole about every thing. yea its possible that you beat the ls1 but why did u have to be such a d*** about it? you started talking bad about the ls1 befor anyone even had a chance to comment. you could have simply introduced yourself and explained your kill story without being such a douch about it. i think its time to make a new user name buddy....
Old 11-22-2007, 04:57 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02StangGuy

ya know, i dont think it would b such a big deal if he wasnt such a cry baby and a a$$ hole about every thing. yea its possible that you beat the ls1 but why did u have to be such a d*** about it? you started talking bad about the ls1 befor anyone even had a chance to comment. you could have simply introduced yourself and explained your kill story without being such a douch about it. i think its time to make a new user name buddy....
Whats the point?

If he's already making sh*t disturbing threads with a sub 100 post count, You canjust imagine what future threads this guy is capable of posting.....I say the mods put a beating on him with the BAN stick..
Old 11-22-2007, 05:00 PM
02StangGuy
4th Gear Member

haha just tryin to help the poor guy out. but i suppose ur right C6. he needs to learn his lesson!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:06 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: besam

i think you might have mistook the "SS" for a Z28
yeah the Z28 has a ls1 and the mighty SS has a LS1, no matter how you see it ls1=LS1
Old 11-22-2007, 05:10 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67mustang302

Well, I think that we've all seen cars at the track that run far slower than they should. Such as C6 Z06's that run 13's, bad driver mod ftl. That being said, it's POSSIBLE that his 5.0 could have beaten the LS1, but that would have been a driver win and not a vehicle win. With that out of the way.....

Equal drivers, that SS Camaro is prolly at least a second faster. It usually takes a full h/c/i on a 5.0 to keep up with most LS1's that have a few mods. No offense dude, but your 5.0 Cobra isn't taking any modded LS1s, and it prolly isn't taking stock LS1's either if it only goes high 13's, provided they're driven well. The question is, do you have anything more now than what's listed in your sig?
The Camaro in question is an automatic; driver error couldn't be much of a factor at all. Just mash the gas and hold the wheel straight.
He claims that the 13.8 run was before the cam, intake manifold and throttle body swap. Still, that's not going to make enough of a difference. And the 290 rwhp is supposedly with his current setup, 50 rwhp less than his opponent. That's a lot.
And yeah 94Blk, I would expect him to run down a stock 2.73-geared automatic LS1. It would be pretty pathetic if he couldn't.
Well, it looks like 1 or maybe 2 guys are conceding that the Cobra could have prevailed here. So that's 2-20.[8D]
Old 11-22-2007, 05:16 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TommyV8

ORIGINAL: 67mustang302

The Camaro in question is an automatic; driver error couldn't be much of a factor at all. Just mash the gas and hold the wheel straight.
He claims that the 13.8 run was before the cam, intake manifold and throttle body swap. Still, that's not going to make enough of a difference. And the 290 rwhp is supposedly with his current setup, 50 rwhp less than his opponent. That's a lot.
And yeah 94Blk, I would expect him to run down a stock 2.73-geared automatic LS1. It would be pretty pathetic if he couldn't.
Well, it looks like 1 or maybe 2 guys are conceding that the Cobra could have prevailed here. So that's 2-20.[8D]
No, I am not saying he should have pulled. I was just saying, his car is quicker than a lot of people are making it out to be. You said it should run a stock LS1, auto, 2.73'ed car, and those are no slouch. So terms like "Slobra" and such are not really applicable. Lets not let Mr. DuMas ruin our logic. Tommy- the previous sentenceswere not directed at you, your cool.

Quick Reply: whooped an SS's ass (cont.)