Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

whooped an SS's ass (cont.)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: whooped an SS's *** (cont.)

Now I know this guy is a definate tool, but how are you only making 290rwhp with the mods you have? I mean seriously, wouldnt a fox body run low 13's to high 12's with those same mods?

To the OP, please dont try and act cool and tough just because you own a Cobra. Seriously, Bluebeasts "Neon" would walk all over your Cobra and your friends LS1, just like many other "Neons" would. You should think twice before you make the stupid comments you do, half of the people here own other cars besides Mustangs and we love those guys here. You are welcomed to stay, but after making the posts you have made, your time here wont be pleasant.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

I have taken my GT to 165 on a lot of occasions. It has 4.30s......

ORIGINAL: rio95cobra

man i have no idea how you made it to 145mph w/ 4.10 gears. my speedo is off, it actually said 125, but i know my car and when it sais 125 i can take about 20mph off. if it should be faster than 105, maybe it was because i was spinning through 1 st , 2nd and half of 3rd. honestly i dont know. but i havent heard of someone going 145 in 4th w/ 4.10's, unless u have an assload of power. im not calling u a lier though, so chill
Old 11-22-2007, 07:40 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Did anyone else catch that? What normally happens when you put a larger MAF on a car without a proper tune and run it at WOT???

Regardless, it would take atleast equal rwhp in your car to run with the LS1... realize the LS1 really isn't much heavier then your Cobra... 98lbs to be exact... (Cobra weight is 3354 vs SS at 3452)... and your actually lower then him on tq., you only have him if you can actually launch your car...

If you won, then you won - your friend was being a nice guy... but don't come on here and bash that car with your inferior car... btw.. I don't know how you can really make fun of how badly the Fbodies are put together when we drive Fords... atleast hte S197 body style was put together nicely.. but ours wasn't...

and yes, most of us here would hand you your ***... including the Neon, and the LS1's...

YOUR CAR ISN'T FASTER. LIVE WITH IT AND MODIFY IT!

ORIGINAL: rio95cobra

wow do i have a friend?? maybe. yes i did bash the ls1 before someone got to post a reply. so what. i ****in hate f-bodys with a passion. maybe i wouldnt so much if it werent for the cocky drivers. i have more than my signature sais, i just narrowed it down to some of the bigger things. its a FULL bolt on 5.0 cobra with a b cam. ive added a pro-m mass air and electric water pump since the tune was made and the 290rwhp was put down. im not gonna lie, im not the greatest of drivers, but my car is probably a good high 12, possibly mid 12 with good driver and tires. maybe i got lucky? maybe not. i think not though. i will definatly try and get his *** to race me again and carry along a passenger to film
Old 11-22-2007, 07:48 PM
rio95cobra
2nd Gear Member

well bro, my car seems to be holding up just fine with the MAF , my air/fuel gauge never runs lean. i bought it just for my car w/ the injectors and everything calibrated. oh well. another instance when im full of ****. and i dont think he was being a nice guy by letting me win?? im pretty sure w/ that wide open slp exhaust of his i know when he is giving it every ounce of hell he can
Old 11-22-2007, 08:07 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Just accept that fact that your car is reletivly slow...

I hate fanboys.. they give us a real bad name...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:17 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

Just accept that fact that your car is reletivly slow...

I hate fanboys.. they give us a real bad name...
A lot of things are when you drive whatt you drive.[8D]

I have already said it, but just because the OP is running his mouth, dont take it out on the car. Lets be honest ~300 RWHP and 4.10's is going to mpve better that most things. Just because it wont outrun a LS1 in most circumstances, doesn't make it relatively slow. Is it just me or does the 5.0 sound pretty cool, (the driver just needs a attitude adjustment)?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

no you're right... but the car itself still isn't that fast... It's quick. But that's like people saying the 2v Mustang GT is a "fast" car... (keep in mind.. stock 2 stock, the GT is faster then the 5.0 Cobra)... They're quick cars.. but his Cobra isn't a 12 second car.. imo that's not FAST... it's quick and decent.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:07 PM
craz1469
2nd Gear Member

no you're right... but the car itself still isn't that fast... It's quick. But that's like people saying the 2v Mustang GT is a "fast" car... (keep in mind.. stock 2 stock, the GT is faster then the 5.0 Cobra)... They're quick cars.. but his Cobra isn't a 12 second car.. imo that's not FAST... it's quick and decent.
Thats how I look at it even when I ran 12s, in the 11s is getting fast, 10s is sho-nuff fast, 9s in a street car is OMFG that thing FLIES.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: redmaro1

A vid would be nice.
here ya' go!!! ask and ye shall receive.....Stock or mild modded LS1 camaros or even the new corvettes aren't really fun for me to toy with all though I do respect them but fast is a relative term.....you can make anything fast if you have enough money!!!...check this vette out I raced and he was a good driver too!!! he came to a private mustang meet of ours and was a nice guy.oh and that wasn't my fastest run of the day I ran alot faster an hour later but no video ..my wife was off gabbing somewhere[:'(][:@]

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff63/mjr46/?action=view¤t=DSCN1089.flv

Old 11-22-2007, 09:48 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

Actually his car would be real close to 12.8-12.9 second car if he new how to drive it with 290rwhp and 4.10s.

Quick Reply: whooped an SS's ass (cont.)