Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

F&F 4 ... Why god do they keep making these...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:22 AM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Default RE: F&F 4 ... Why god do they keep making these...

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

I love the F & F movies for what they are. Mindless entertainment with cool cars. And it's fun to go to the local hang out and watch all the Sti & hondas with J. C. Whitney body kits act like they have a 10 second car.
Exactly. And to the OP, FYI, Vin was in the 3rd one. It may have only been for like 30 seconds at the end, but he was in it.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:28 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: noober

<3 FWD drifters. LOL.

Ok, there's also a rumor that Saleen designed a F&F4 Mustang, but I have yet to refind my source...

I think it might have been either Saleen or they're just converting a Shelby GT500.

Oh by the way, while we're on Mustangs and movies, when I went to the dealership today, they ACTUALLY HAD an "I Am Legend" version of a GT500. They had it marked as that with a $5K markup.

I laffed. Someone made the comment about them having these with horrible markups. I didn't think it would actually happen.

Enough of the thread hijacking. *Hands back control of the thread.*
only 5k markup on a gt500?! that's not too bad!
umm yea
on top of all the other mark up[:'(]
Old 12-22-2007, 03:41 AM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: takamontana24

But this is our secret guys. Don't tell me you don't know what follows "You never had me, you never had your car. Ask any racer......" C'mon, finish it!
I'm told in every ready room in the navy you can find a copy of Top Gun. A very watched copy. It's their dirty little secret. But it's the story of what they do, why wouldn't they watch it?

"....., any real racer. You could win by a inch or a mile. Winnings winning." I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:18 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

I love the F & F movies for what they are. Mindless entertainment with cool cars. And it's fun to go to the local hang out and watch all the Sti & hondas with J. C. Whitney body kits act like they have a 10 second car.
+1
Funny, classic, true...
F&F1: didnt knowanything about cars at the time, thought it was kinda cool. But i was still like "geeze a 1/4 mile is a long time". Apprently they are no different than the real life ricers, think they have a 10 sec car but takes em forever to get there. [8D]

F&F2: Did better, not by much, Tyrone was a nice addition for some comedy flavor. Sad they couldnt find a better looking asian chick.But i love whenTyrone was talkin trash and the other guy just revs his engine..."American Muscle"

F&F3: Thought "Here we go...how far can you possibly stretch this thing before it bursts into flames?". Seen the previews thought it looked good, went to see it....by far the best of the 3. How many feel bad as that guy who lost and threw a fit in the car? [8D]
Old 12-22-2007, 05:27 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iraziel

+1
Funny, classic, true...
F&F1: didnt knowanything about cars at the time, thought it was kinda cool. But i was still like "geeze a 1/4 mile is a long time". Apprently they are no different than the real life ricers, think they have a 10 sec car but takes em forever to get there. [8D]

F&F2: Did better, not by much, Tyrone was a nice addition for some comedy flavor. Sad they couldnt find a better looking asian chick.But i love whenTyrone was talkin trash and the other guy just revs his engine..."American Muscle"

F&F3: Thought "Here we go...how far can you possibly stretch this thing before it bursts into flames?". Seen the previews thought it looked good, went to see it....by far the best of the 3. How many feel bad as that guy who lost and threw a fit in the car? [8D]
His name was Tyrese, LOL. I also thought the 3rd one was the best one. The 1st one looked to much like a cheaply made movie and the 2nd one was pretty good, just sucked when that Saleen got f*cking ran over. I just think the 3rd one had the best storyline and the 2 main characters did pretty damn good.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:49 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

ORIGINAL: iraziel

+1
Funny, classic, true...

His name was Tyrese, LOL. I also thought the 3rd one was the best one. The 1st one looked to much like a cheaply made movie and the 2nd one was pretty good, just sucked when that Saleen got f*cking ran over. I just think the 3rd one had the best storyline and the 2 main characters did pretty damn good.
LMAO yea i didnt know his name, but i thought that was his character's name...?Meh.

RIP Saleen + driver.

Yea i was wondering how they would link him over to Japan from HS. Kinda amusing watching the poster american adjust to japanese culture.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Vin diesel didn't do the second or third because he got greedy and wanted too much money. Hence why he dropped off the face of the planet. You never bite the hand that makes you famous. So he's going back to his roots to hopefully revive his career.

Same with Paul walker, although he was in the second one. I don't know why he wasn't in the third, but I know he too dropped off the face of the planet after F&F2.

Good move on both parties parts aslong as they don't make it a damn rice fest. As soon as they realize muscle cars are cool, giant metal wings are gay, and people don't hang out in gangs of the same ethnicity, the quicker they'll have a blockbuster hit!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

a few things...

1. if these movies had been centered around a bunch of mustang owners street racing and hijacking trucks, most of you would be creamin' your pants over them...

2. there are people on this site with cars far worse than anything in that movie...

3. i dont mind underglow. i dont have it on any of my cars, but i think that when tastefully done, its not so bad..

also, i enjoyed the firstmovie...i feel that it offered quality entertainment value. the second one wasnt as entertaining, but come on...a frat boy in a modded evo, going backwards at 100+, while speeding up, passing people, in reverse??? thats cinematic magic right there...

i didnt see the third one. while im not opposed to imports (obviously) and i find drifting to be interesting to an extent, i think that the drifting industry is trying too hard to force their sport on the american automotive market. you cant buy a driving video game any more that doesnt have drifting...
what happened to racing where people actually wanted to go fast and win, rather than doing a rolling burnout, and having some other turd "judge" how good it was? [:'(]
Old 12-22-2007, 09:52 AM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

a few things...

1. if these movies had been centered around a bunch of mustang owners street racing and hijacking trucks, most of you would be creamin' your pants over them...

2. there are people on this site with cars far worse than anything in that movie...

3. i dont mind underglow. i dont have it on any of my cars, but i think that when tastefully done, its not so bad..

also, i enjoyed the firstmovie...i feel that it offered quality entertainment value. the second one wasnt as entertaining, but come on...a frat boy in a modded evo, going backwards at 100+, while speeding up, passing people, in reverse??? thats cinematic magic right there...

i didnt see the third one. while im not opposed to imports (obviously) and i find drifting to be interesting to an extent, i think that the drifting industry is trying too hard to force their sport on the american automotive market. you cant buy a driving video game any more that doesnt have drifting...
what happened to racing where people actually wanted to go fast and win, rather than doing a rolling burnout, and having some other turd "judge" how good it was? [:'(]
BWahahahahaha! Those comments were golden! + 10000 on lame drifting in games!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

at first, with the drifting in games, i thought "this is kind of interesting"...but now its a MAJOR part of every game...every game! plus, they have their own games. im into driving games enough that i buy them, and most of them are fun for a while...but i got the "official" drift game...backed by the big drifting series. that game alone caused me to have a "rent first then buy" policy on games. its awful.

Quick Reply: F&F 4 ... Why god do they keep making these...