Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker

ORIGINAL: EaZy DuZ iT

bluebeast man, i cant imagine how ridiculously fast your car is off roll. One of our old friends had an srt-4 with 330rwhp. He let my best friend take it out for a spin by him self but i couldnt resist but to hop in to. DAMN! that car so fast, and when the turbo started spooling man my mouth dropped. I love being able to feel the speed of car.
id much rather feel the pull of a 425whp STI =D hehe AWD = little to none traction problems, those things pull like crazy.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:52 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redstanger

srt-8 i would say would win. i have a 300c and it is a torquey bastard. I raced klugsrt4 when he was stock/k&n filter and it was even for along time untill higher speeds. I had trouble sometimes the manumatic didnt want to shift or if it did it would jump another gear.
With my mods, I could beat a stock SRT-8 if I can drive pretty good. I raced one the other day and closed the gap from 4 cars to 1 car from 1st gear to3rd and was catching him, but he let off.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

that was me in Clarksville and you would need more mods than what you have. it would have been nice to have known i was racing.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:04 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

ORIGINAL: EaZy DuZ iT

bluebeast man, i cant imagine how ridiculously fast your car is off roll. One of our old friends had an srt-4 with 330rwhp. He let my best friend take it out for a spin by him self but i couldnt resist but to hop in to. DAMN! that car so fast, and when the turbo started spooling man my mouth dropped. I love being able to feel the speed of car.
id much rather feel the pull of a 425whp STI =D hehe AWD = little to none traction problems, those things pull like crazy.
I love the launch of AWD or RWD. Getting tossed back in the seat is is probably the second most fun you can have in a car. But top end that turbo rush is a very close second. But either way 1bad should be able to handle a rent a cop in a R/T & a chick in an old Camaro.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

ORIGINAL: redstanger

srt-8 i would say would win. i have a 300c and it is a torquey bastard. I raced klugsrt4 when he was stock/k&n filter and it was even for along time untill higher speeds. I had trouble sometimes the manumatic didnt want to shift or if it did it would jump another gear.
With my mods, I could beat a stock SRT-8 if I can drive pretty good. I raced one the other day and closed the gap from 4 cars to 1 car from 1st gear to3rd and was catching him, but he let off.
+1 - i beat one from a dig to the top of third by about 1/2 to 3/4 of a car.

any ****** srt8, you must drive like a maniac to keep up with him driving normally.

and i'm not saying you have to leave or anything, but why did you sign up for a mustang forum when your a mopar guy and obviously a big fan of your srt-8?? there are a lot of people who do that and i cant figure out why. previously had stangs maybe??
Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

i was in Stampede in Clarksville till i moved. so i'm a big ford fan who got pissed at dealerand traded my mustang for the dodgeand dodge gave me a great deal. bang for buck and aftermarket, the mustang is the hands down champ. but if you go mod for mod between the two cars is comparing apples to bananas. yeah, i drive like a mainiac. not trying to start trouble but i honestly didn't know i was racing anyone. lighter is faster unless the heavier car has the power to move it.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:35 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

are you actually serious? how do you know it was him?? thats crazy! anyway, good to hear your still into the blue oval stuff. i like the srt-8's, but the combo of Heavy weight, no manual trans, and a heavier price tag steered me to the stang. and i'm super happy i went that way. but i've never tasted the other side as i have not owned a crysler product, but i do work at benz as a mechanic and i can tell you with certainty that about 25-30% of the parts on your car are "americanized" benz parts. the only thing i dont understand is; you have the benz 5-speed auto trans and when its in a benz the pan is painted black and it has a drain plug, in your car its un-painted and no drain plug.

so if you want to simplify trans services just go to a benz dealer and ask them for a 722.6 transmission pan, gasket and drain plug. it will bolt right up.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

and when you do the trans service, drain it replace the filter and pan gasket and just add 3.75 liters. and its golden. dont even have to check it, i do them all day, trust me.

anyway, guess i just wanted to tell you how much trans fluid you need for whatever stupid reason.

later.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

well i'm not positive it wasme he racedbut in another thread he had mentioned the date and location and i was the only srt-8 that i saw in my 2 weeks i spent cruising there let alone the only super bee considering they only made 1000 of them. we should just ask him if the super bee he raced had a pro-motion tuning logo on the side rear windows and VA tags. that ought to narrow it down. and if not, that may be why i can't remember racing. although i drive farily aggressively anyway. no body here plays. i have been here for a while but rarely post i usually just keep my opions to myself to avoid the flames. i usually only reply when there is confusion on the data between the two cars.

thanks for the heads up on the trans.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

So about 30 minutes ago I head out to the car to get some change so I can get a drink. On my way back in some of the Patrol Deputies are rolling up to the Office. So one of them was like, "my car would smoke your Mustang". I was like, "what car"? He was like, a Charger, I was like if its the SRT-8, maybe, but if its the R/T or either of the v6's than you dont stand a chance. Then he was like, "how much power do you have", and knowing he probably doenst no sh*t about whp, I just told him about 350hp, because I figured thats about what the bhp would be with my mods. He was like, "I've got 350hp too". I was like, "yeah, but your car weighs about 4000lbs and mine is alot less and I have a manual to your auto". Then one other guy was like, "I bet his Mustang will smoke you". Then he was like, "what you got an intake or something"? I was like an intake, exhaust and its tuned. Then the guy who said I would win was like, "see, I told you those are the mods you need to buy". Then they went on to their Office. Seriously, I hope he doesnt think he can win, but I think he does. I doubt he will ever go to the track, but he might. He is a CPL on Patrol, so we'll wait and see what comes of it.
Is this his patrol car? [8D]

Quick Reply: Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker