Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker

ORIGINAL: steele901

ORIGINAL: redstanger

srt-8 i would say would win. i have a 300c and it is a torquey bastard. I raced klugsrt4 when he was stock/k&n filter and it was even for along time untill higher speeds. I had trouble sometimes the manumatic didnt want to shift or if it did it would jump another gear.
350hp=rt not srt8, which is 425 hp. he will be that rt
"If" it was a srt-8 it would win thats clearly what i said. hope you know a 300c has the 5.7L Hemi im actually trading it in on a AWD version that i ordered awhile back.mustangprobably would win because power to weight ratio. plus charger and 300's are tanks/bricks. Thanks for the brochure specs haha.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ****** srt8

well i'm not positive it wasme he racedbut in another thread he had mentioned the date and location and i was the only srt-8 that i saw in my 2 weeks i spent cruising there let alone the only super bee considering they only made 1000 of them. we should just ask him if the super bee he raced had a pro-motion tuning logo on the side rear windows and VA tags. that ought to narrow it down. and if not, that may be why i can't remember racing. although i drive farily aggressively anyway. no body here plays. i have been here for a while but rarely post i usually just keep my opions to myself to avoid the flames. i usually only reply when there is confusion on the data between the two cars.

thanks for the heads up on the trans.
Are you in your late 40's to early 50's? And do you race with your Wifeor significant other in the car with you? And if you say you werent racing, then I'm gonna call B.S unless you have a few mods. Stock for stock you would beat me, unless I'm an awesome driver, which in that case there have been a few stock 3v's to run 13.1's, which is what an SRT-8 runs stock. But with my mods and a good driver mod I could easily run low 13's and probably high 12's with some DR's. Maybe it was you, maybe it wasnt, but this guy was racing. I passed him and then we got the lightand he took off like a bat out of hell while I just took off normal, and once I realized he was racing I punched it and got sideways into 2nd and was catching up to this guy after 3rd gear but like I said, this guy let off the throttle.

And and I noticed your sig says you dynoed 405rwhp stock? That is way off isnt it, dont they put down more like 350rwhp considering an 18% drivetrain loss?
Old 01-20-2008, 01:59 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

well i'm not positive it was me he raced but in another thread he had mentioned the date and location and i was the only srt-8 that i saw in my 2 weeks i spent cruising there let alone the only super bee considering they only made 1000 of them. we should just ask him if the super bee he raced had a pro-motion tuning logo on the side rear windows and VA tags. that ought to narrow it down. and if not, that may be why i can't remember racing. although i drive farily aggressively anyway. no body here plays. i have been here for a while but rarely post i usually just keep my opions to myself to avoid the flames. i usually only reply when there is confusion on the data between the two cars.

Are you in your late 40's to early 50's? And do you race with your Wife or significant other in the car with you? And if you say you werent racing, then I'm gonna call B.S unless you have a few mods. Stock for stock you would beat me, unless I'm an awesome driver, which in that case there have been a few stock 3v's to run 13.1's, which is what an SRT-8 runs stock. But with my mods and a good driver mod I could easily run low 13's and probably high 12's with some DR's. Maybe it was you, maybe it wasnt, but this guy was racing. I passed him and then we got the light and he took off like a bat out of hell while I just took off normal, and once I realized he was racing I punched it and got sideways into 2nd and was catching up to this guy after 3rd gear but like I said, this guy let off the throttle.

And and I noticed your sig says you dynoed 405rwhp stock? That is way off isnt it, dont they put down more like 350rwhp considering an 18% drivetrain loss?

~ 365-385rwhp has been reported bone stock with 370 being the norm, however 405 seems VERY high for a baseline, and would be the first I have heard of an SRT8 putting down stock. (These numbers are from Dynojets, so maybe his is from a Mustang Dyno?) The Superbees are no different from regular SRT8s minus stickers and paint, just as an FYI.

Though with a tune and a CAI you will see 405rwhp, and about 415rwp with those and a catback, maybe a little higher (this is with canned tunes).
Old 01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redstanger

srt-8 i would say would win. i have a 300c and it is a torquey bastard. I raced klugsrt4 when he was stock/k&n filter and it was even for along time untill higher speeds. I had trouble sometimes the manumatic didnt want to shift or if it did it would jump another gear.
i dno maybe that guy wasn't the best driver or something, because i've driven and driven in my friends 300C many times and that thing is slow from a dig or roll
Old 01-20-2008, 03:57 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Screw hp #'s..Does that super bee run 12's?
Old 01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

well i'm not positive it wasme he racedbut in another thread he had mentioned the date and location and i was the only srt-8 that i saw in my 2 weeks i spent cruising there let alone the only super bee considering they only made 1000 of them. we should just ask him if the super bee he raced had a pro-motion tuning logo on the side rear windows and VA tags. that ought to narrow it down. and if not, that may be why i can't remember racing. although i drive farily aggressively anyway. no body here plays. i have been here for a while but rarely post i usually just keep my opions to myself to avoid the flames. i usually only reply when there is confusion on the data between the two cars.

Are you in your late 40's to early 50's? And do you race with your Wifeor significant other in the car with you? And if you say you werent racing, then I'm gonna call B.S unless you have a few mods. Stock for stock you would beat me, unless I'm an awesome driver, which in that case there have been a few stock 3v's to run 13.1's, which is what an SRT-8 runs stock. But with my mods and a good driver mod I could easily run low 13's and probably high 12's with some DR's. Maybe it was you, maybe it wasnt, but this guy was racing. I passed him and then we got the lightand he took off like a bat out of hell while I just took off normal, and once I realized he was racing I punched it and got sideways into 2nd and was catching up to this guy after 3rd gear but like I said, this guy let off the throttle.

I would love to see this magic 13.1 stock s197 people keep bringing up[8D]
Old 01-20-2008, 05:16 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Dunno if he's been to the track, but other cars with similar numbers are mid 12s, low 12s with DRs.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:39 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SubTexel

Dunno if he's been to the track, but other cars with similar numbers are mid 12s, low 12s with DRs.

srt8 + drag radials = low 12s that is blasphemy i have to see that to believeit
Old 01-20-2008, 05:42 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

i saw a slighty modded one on 255 bfgs going 12.4 @112 at my local track. Just exhuast and intake i believe
Old 01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cacimar

ORIGINAL: SubTexel

srt8 + drag radials = low 12s that is blasphemy i have to see that to believe it
Reread my post... Stock yes, that would be. But with those numbers (405rwhp, which what you get with a tune (93 canned tune) and CAI, 415 with those two and a cat back) you will be mid 12s, low 12s with DRs.

Quick Reply: Ahh, another challenge coming from a co-worker