Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Guy was jonesing HARD last night...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM
craz1469
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Guy was jonesing HARD last night...

I can never get anyone to race me, it sucks. My last random race was like 3 months ago against a C5. Why would you run 87 in your car anyway, my car has never touched the stuff since I owned it. From it being stock till now.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

^^ Cause 87 is what it recommends, and with gas prices nearly .60 more/gal than this time last year. Why would I run 93 in it if I don't have a tune for it? So I can say I spent $48 to fill it up instead of $43?

I put a tank of 93 in it the first week I had it, and noticed no difference at all. Went right back to the 87 until I buy a programmer, and have it dyno tuned this week.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Blackhawk

I'm on my way home from work at 2am, and this guy comes flying up behind me in his 6.0 GTO.
He switched lanes, and pulled right next to me... Mashing the pedal & slamming on the brakes, repeat, repeat, repeat...

I know that the 6.0's are slightly quicker than a stock GT. and being that I'm on 20's, with a CAI, catback, and completely stock tune on 87 pump. I wasn't about to appease the guy. But boy it sure made me wish I had a turbo already.

That's the problem I'm having after being a new Stang owner for a month now. It seems like everytime I turn around somebody is looking to dick with me on the first straight stretch of road.

When I rode my bike on the street with 550+rwhp and a big turbo tucked under the bodywork(I think the 3" dump pipe gave it away most times). But nobody wanted to mess with me, and when they did I'd roll onto the throttle, and I'd it wasn't even close.

Guess I have to swallow my pride for right now and just wait until I get my turbo kit.
Thats the right attitude. When they act like they don't have any sense, just ignore them.Its not worth it, win or lose, to get a ticket trying to mess around.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: craz1469

I can never get anyone to race me, it sucks. My last random race was like 3 months ago against a C5. Why would you run 87 in your car anyway, my car has never touched the stuff since I owned it. From it being stock till now.
n/a 2v and 3v modulars have a lower compression ratio compared to LSx motors.....So it's fine to run low grade unleaded...

I', not sure about the n/a 4v's...Perhaps a Mach owner can answer that...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
meekstro
2nd Gear Member

Blackhawk when you get the turbo you will be wishing for people to try you. I have had mine for about 3 weeks and cant get a worthy opponent. I did have a run in with a C6 but it was brief. The night was mid 40's and I passed the vette and he pulled out of a parking lot and i could see the front lights rising up as he was tryin to catch up. We lined up at the light and I know he saw my gauges cause they are bright. He popped on me so the light goes green and I jump him hard but traction went out the window and by middle second i was gettin all kinda sideways and let off. He got back along side me and gave the thumbs up then so rednecks came up beside me in a truck and started poppin that peice off. Anyways turbos rule!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

On the way to work tonight, and another GTO pulls up and starts acting a donkey!
This time it was a 5.7, but by the time my lane was clear he had turned off.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I guess that's the bad thing about a a loud turbo, everyone can hear it and then they don't want any. The ones that will play around are few and far between.

To the OP, you should have raced him anyway.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

A 5.7 GTO is more then a match for an S197 with equal drivers. With a great driver, the 5.7's can run 13.4 and possible better. The LS2, 6.0 GTO's, can break into the 12's with a great driver being stock. Intake and Exhaust will not allow you to run right next to a 6.0 GTO. You will get beat by a pretty good amount.

6.0 GTO>3V
Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a tool.

I want to see this 550rwhp bike, though.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

ORIGINAL: craz1469

n/a 2v and 3v modulars have a lower compression ratio compared to LSx motors.....So it's fine to run low grade unleaded...

I', not sure about the n/a 4v's...Perhaps a Mach owner can answer that...
Premium Unleaded is recomended for us Machs [:'(]Says it right there on the gas lid.

Quick Reply: Guy was jonesing HARD last night...