Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:01 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Default Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun?

Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun? Again not racing but running for fun (it sounds better ) ill buy the Hamburgers and sodas lol...After reading that some guys from this forum have been running each other, i kinda like the idea lol. Maybe sinester would like to come byand have a few runs.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun?

South Florida I'm assuming your talking about the lower east coast (Pompano, Boca, Miami etc)?

I'm near Clearwater. If you're anywhere near there I'll run ya.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun?

yeah u were right i live in delray beach/boca area, how far is clearwater?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

apparently you're like 5 minutes away from me haha...im in boca living on campus at FAU. i'd love to run you just for fun, but id rather do iton a track (Moroso probably haha).....although to be perfectly honest, i don't think it'd be much of a race, sounds like by your mods you'd walk right by me (aftermarket turbo and other stuff correct? 21 PSI sounds like an awful lot). what do you run, like mid 12's hooking up? i have a friend with an 08 mustang GT that'll probably be a better race for you...he ran a 12.8, and now he's getting a 125 shot of nitrous. he goes to test and tune all the time.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

I'm in the Miami area, I'll run you for fun. You'll destroy me, but it's all good.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

dude thats funny im a fau right now taking a boring class soil mechanics lol, why dont we gather and bs for fun. FYI i ran ****! times last time at the track due to new to fwd, lack of traction along with a 2.6 60ft + im still running with a boost leak cuz i cant find the son of b.. so it ll be close guys + i buy the soda/burgers
Old 01-15-2008, 10:08 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

looking at your 1/4 mile both of you will destroy me cuz last time i went i got 14.0 [:@][:@][:@]
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cacimar

dude thats funny im a fau right now taking a boring class soil mechanics lol, why dont we gather and bs for fun. FYI i ran ****! times last time at the track due to new to fwd, lack of traction along with a 2.6 60ft + im still running with a boost leak cuz i cant find the son of b.. so it ll be close guys + i buy the soda/burgers

HAHAHA im in class right now too..........PS 334 lol

how often do you go to moroso?
i gotta get a driveshaft loop before i can run again, damn NHRA restrictions[:@]so it'll probably be in about a month or so

where are you parked? im parked in the main lot behind IRT, the big one, in the section closer to the dorms, if you wanna see my car hahaha

yea if we race it sounds like its gonna be like every other highlySRT-4 i've raced on the track...im ahead most of the time, then i look over and hes flying up next to me at light speed, usually passing me like just after the finish line.

you should get some slicks, dude, are you still running on street tires?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

im behind the library, the building facing the parking lot next to the (airport rd crap) next to the flemming hall. i get off at 4:20 we could me up man...i got the car two months ago i think and went 2 times 3 weeks after getting the car so im still learning how to drive it, this suckers are tricky to launch!

yeah im running street tires cuz im out of cash just paid tuition, but i will upgrade em as soon as i have some cash, im still waiting for a dyno tune just to make sure im running safe..
Old 01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Haha, that same thing has happened to me a couple times (American Muscle4.6GT). I get a great lead off the light, keep it through the 1/8, then by the time the 1320 comes along, it is a close race.

Quick Reply: Is there any mustang owner in south florida that would like to run for fun?