Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

R/T VS GT *new edge*

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:13 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: R/T VS GT *new edge*

SubTexel: yep i know StingYa
Old 01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ****** srt8

SubTexel: yep i know StingYa
Cool stuff, you ever down here in Hampton? I've seen one Superbee every once in a while over @ the Hooters on Mercury and Red Lobster, but haven't seen it lately. No other SRT8s in this area that I know of (besides you and Sting Ya, and a guy with a GSM supercharged SRT8 I have seen once, but only @ Bass pro) I seem to be the only one in Hampton.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 PM
GT_Stang
3rd Gear Member

How much hp do you have?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

there are several SRT-8sin the areaand 4 of them are super bees. i work with 4. Gilgamesh is in the area too with his s/c 426 indy SRT-8. i am usually there with the charger club at the bp shop when it's warm.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
URLACHER54
2nd Gear Member

whats with the rolling racing whats wrong with racing from a dead stop, whats the differences, i n=know most mustangs would get eatin up after some cars get up to speed
Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: URLACHER54

whats with the rolling racing whats wrong with racing from a dead stop, whats the differences, i n=know most mustangs would get eatin up after some cars get up to speed
i don't know why people are talking about rolls, to me racing is from a dead stop. if i were to race him i would have proof on paper that i did. also they have emergency vehicles ready if anyone does crash and get hurt and most likely it would just be the drivers that do, none of the spectators.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Stang

How much hp do you have?
well with the LT's on ill just give a guess of 250whp, thats without a dyno tune and such, hell maybe only 245whp anyways i dont plan on getting a dyno tune until i get a set of cams put on since those require a tune and dyno tunes in my area cost or around $300.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:24 PM
rd50stang
2nd Gear Member

When your on the street it is easier and more convinient to do. Coming to a complete stop side by side in the middle of the roadcan draw attention. But i do agree going from a stop is better
Old 01-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rd50stang

When your on the street it is easier and more convinient to do. Coming to a complete stop side by side in the middle of the roadcan draw attention. But i do agree going from a stop is better
from a stop requires more skill than from a roll and it the way any drag race should be done. roll racing is for the handicapped.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
c6z51
I ♥ Acer

People roll race for many reasons.

I myself find that more people throw a rev while driving by and don't want to run of to a secluded roadway to dig race.

That and with all of the front drivers around any more who wants to win just beacuse they cannot launch there car.

When me and my friends are just cruising around we do several small short roll races just for kicks. When someone wants to actually race I give them the choice. I am not a roll racing fanatic but I take what I can get. It is no where near retarded or for the handicapped.

In all seriousness people who hate roll races have no top end and all low end, people who hate dig racing have FWD or all top end. Thats why I always prefered F-Bodies, GTOs and Vettes they are all really good at both.

Quick Reply: R/T VS GT *new edge*