Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO

ORIGINAL: stanger99

ORIGINAL: lieu910

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

2 cars and you pulled hard?

I was expecting rape considering your mods.

Good kill none the less
Read it again, it was from a roll and only to 70.Opening up two carsin that short of time is a rape. It would have been bus lengths had they gone from a dig through a 1/4 mile.

On topic - nice job on the GTO kill.The GTO boys in particularhate to lose to Mustangs. I've become bored with embarassing them and have moved on to humiliatingthe Z06 owners.

The joys of modification

I'm not sure if you know but gto's can be modded as well. I don't mind losing to mustangs I only lost to one in my gto and it was my buddies terminator that makes almost 100 more rwhp on the highway!! On the 1/4mile it would have been ALOT closer. I'm sure you heard this statement before but hey why not again? There is always somebody faster. And you will not embarrass every gto out there, there are gto's that will skull *** you down the 1/4 all day long.

To the OP, good kill but 40-70mph is not a race IMO. Hell a roll race is not actually even a race IMO, I don't even know why its called a "roll race", it should be called a "roll *** around". Good kill none the less, sounds like you have a pretty stout stang there.
I'm sure there are a fewfaster GTO's out there somewhere. I just haven't found any, and more importantly don't care enought to give it much of a second thought.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

dude good kill, dont let the haters in here take away from your kill.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

awesome kill man! makin us loog good!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

So let me understand this...You were not impressed and/or satisfied with the LS2's stock performance...But then turns around and buys a car with an inferior powerplant and completely rebuilds the motor and other modifications to increase his output by 100%. And now says he's bored with embarrassing GTO's....and am on now to humiliating Z06 owners......LMFAO.....

I can say the same thing about me being bored with embarrassing Mustang owners, because the chance of running into a built-up Stang that would hand me my *** is remote.....Oh. and by the way, You would be humiliated by a procharged C6, which just happens to be the motor that you were unimpressed with....The LS2...
Old 01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
c6z51
I ♥ Acer

Good kill none the less
Read it again, it was from a roll and only to 70.Opening up two carsin that short of time is a rape. It would have been bus lengths had they gone from a dig through a 1/4 mile.

On topic - nice job on the GTO kill.The GTO boys in particularhate to lose to Mustangs. I've become bored with embarassing them and have moved on to humiliatingthe Z06 owners.

The joys of modification

Not true. I had cars get huge jumps on me during unorthodox street races. This is even more true for automatics because sometimes, you punch it and the car just won't respond like it should. So even though the Stang would still win the 1/4 you can't say it would be a rape based on a 40-70mph race..especially with a LS2..

And secondly, what is it that your pushing that helps you embarrass Z06 owners
Let's agree to disagree then. I owned an LS2 GTO, and I know what myGT did toGTO's whenI was around 450 whp. As I said...bus lengths, but I digress. I am on record as not being very impressed with the LS2 while I owned it, no offense.

What am I pushing?It's all stock except for a forged stroker, Stage3 ported heads, Comp Cams, and a T-trim.

Thats kinda funny because a 450whp GT500 will not put buslengths on a LS2 GTO so how did you?

Just for kicksI raced a local 2003 Cobra with 460whp in my 2006 GTO which was 100% stock. From multiple digs and rolls he never put buslengths on me.

Sorry but you didn't put bus lengths on a LS2 GTO with only450whp.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:03 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Good kill none the less

The joys of modification

Not true. I had cars get huge jumps on me during unorthodox street races. This is even more true for automatics because sometimes, you punch it and the car just won't respond like it should. So even though the Stang would still win the 1/4 you can't say it would be a rape based on a 40-70mph race..especially with a LS2..

And secondly, what is it that your pushing that helps you embarrass Z06 owners
Let's agree to disagree then. I owned an LS2 GTO, and I know what myGT did toGTO's whenI was around 450 whp. As I said...bus lengths, but I digress. I am on record as not being very impressed with the LS2 while I owned it, no offense.

What am I pushing?It's all stock except for a forged stroker, Stage3 ported heads, Comp Cams, and a T-trim.
I have no engine work done at all..just a couple of bolt ons. Are you near the west coast? I would love to try my luck against the Z06 humiliator..
Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
c6z51
I ♥ Acer

Let me race him first pretty please!

Then you can stomp him.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

So be it. C6Z51 is going to get in that *** firstand when hes finished, I'll be the clean up crew.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Funny is'nt it...."It's all stock except for a forged stroker,stage 3 ported heads,comp cams,and a T-trim".........I guess the seats,stereo,rims, and ashtray are stock...
Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Not to mention glove compartment. That might be stock too.

Quick Reply: Pulled hard on an 06 GTO