Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Tricky Outcome LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
dferkler
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tricky Outcome LOL

I was expecting to see the Wright Brothers plane fly thru that video. Nice camera.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Supercharger >> MS6*.anything
Old 01-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ryan86272

ORIGINAL: Karma_Hunden

Don't underestimate your opponent.

This is all assuming the MS6 is stock. How long has your friend had it? If he just got it, he stands no chance.
His friend doesnt stand a Chance at ALL!!!! even if he had it for a year....

Just to let everyone know a p1sc is a SUPERCHARGER (most people posting in this thread must have overlooked this?) Op should be well into 12's where as the M6 is stock(at best LOW 14) and new Driver(now prolly 14.6)
I did overlook that. Well, technically I saw it but thought it was a tune/chip.

Yeah, I posted my post assuming all conditions were equal and expecting the unexpected to prevent surprises. But there isn't such as you have mentioned your friend has only had the car for 6months, which is alright, not all that bad, but then you mention it is his first manual, so I don't know how good of a driver he might be...I remember when I first learned in my first car, I could drive it pretty well the moment I got the hang of it...some people get it, some people don't.

A VERY important factor is that he has NEVER been to that/the track. The first time I went to the track I knew how to drive my car, but I remember I got messed up with the x-mas tree, and NOBODY told me how the hold thing worked (the staging, etc), so I completly got nervous, bogged the launch, ate the x-mas trees (I had no RT lol) and trapped 4 seconds slower than I shouldve and 7mph less. It was rediculous lol...well, you have been there a few times so you probably got it down.

It is no contest. I can already picture your buddy launching a long, getting ahead for a sec then getting reeled in...

Best time I ever got with mine STOCK was 13.9 and I have seen people brake 13s consistently (13.8s-13.9s for the most). I however dont think your buddy will be anywhere near mid 14s...probably high 14s.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

Youll kill him, not even worth racing him. A stock new edge would be a drivers race with him, and Im sure you have 100whp if not more then a stock new edge. This race would be a massacre. He'd need a lot of mods to beat you.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DS002

Youll kill him, not even worth racing him. A stock new edge would be a drivers race with him, and Im sure you have 100whp if not more then a stock new edge. This race would be a massacre. He'd need a lot of mods to beat you.
hm. Iwouldnt sayalot. TBE, MBC, intake and tune should do it.

I would say to the OP that if he wants afairly better race, then he should explainhow the track works.Also, video tape it!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

In the above race, the GT was modded, and both the Z and the MS6 were stock.

I have a MazdaSpeed6. From a roll, you got him. But since you said you were going to the track then its another thing because the MS6 gets to use the AWD. Don't be so quick to judge, the MS6 can give you a run for your money, seing as how you would have to drive the car perfectly. You guys are forgetting the "miscellanous"...if there's cold weather (like...now), the MS6's turbo wil benefit from that and boost a bit more, the cold weather will also bear the stang with lack of grip if he doesnt warm up right. Sometimes the track has traction issues for all participants that arent awd...there are parts were the car doesnt grip etc...im sure all who have gone to one know this.

Another thing would be that lenght...a 1/8th of a track presents an easy 8 for the MS6. Hard to catch up on that one. The 1/4mile is of course easier. Don't underestimate your opponent.

This is all assuming the MS6 is stock. How long has your friend had it? If he just got it, he stands no chance.
The only stock car was the Z, you cant tell me you dont hear the MS6s exhaust in the first race.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

^ Explains why it got pulled by an MS6 from a roll....
Old 01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Pauly_B
2nd Gear Member

I will explain to him how the track works, hes a good driver but afraid of the car don't want to "break it" he says so he don't want to launch it at 3k. he said he might crack off a drive shaft LOL
Old 01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DS002

hm. Iwouldnt sayalot. TBE, MBC, intake and tune should do it.

I would say to the OP that if he wants afairly better race, then he should explainhow the track works.Also, video tape it!
What are the specs on the factory turbo?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pauly_B

I will explain to him how the track works, hes a good driver but afraid of the car don't want to "break it" he says so he don't want to launch it at 3k. he said he might crack off a drive shaft LOL
Well tell him you have good news and bad news. The good news are that he doesnt have to launch it at 3K to get a good launch because he will fall into turbo lag (where the turbo isnt spooling...which is below 3K rpms)....then go ahead and tell him the bad news arethat since he got a turbo AWD car, that it requires for him to rev it between 4.5K-5.5K rpms (you have to tap the tach between those rpms) as you slowly take your foot of the clutch (should take him a full "mississippi one").....he should also have the clutch ready to the point he feel the engagement so he wastes no time pulling out of the "dead" space of the clutch.

Then go ahead and give him another good and bad news. Tell him the good news is that he wont brake the driveshaft if he abuses the car. Then tell him the bad news is that he might brake the differential if he does abuse the car. lol. The differential of the Speed6 is a weaksauced as the stock clutch on the Evos.

It seems like your friend doesnt even know how to drive his own car, since you just mentioned that he doesnt know how to launch it. I dont think he's even aware of the boost regulations of his own car. Ask him at what rpms does he shift while he races. He should be shifting at 6.2K rpms from 1st-2nd, 5.9K 2nd-3rd, and 5.8K the rest.

[Cliff notes below:For those that want to read about Fuel cut problems and turbo specs on the MS6]

The stock turbo boosts 15.6psi, the computer will probably give you boost/fuel cut if you go beyond 19psi. 17-18psi is the Ideal, there is no need to push it further. Last night I pumped the boost of the MS6 up to 25psi for some tuning we were doing to it. I was quick but the ECU went crazy and gave fuel cut at 5.9K in 3rd (never got FC in that gear), the @ 5.2K in 4th and if you let it pass it would strike again at 5.4K (FC in 4th at 18psi hit @ 5.9K...It is very rare for FC to hit twice in one gear unless you're running...well...25psi). I tried to go full boost/WOT 2nd-3rd since i didnt get FC there, shift at 5.8k to 4th, and regulate the throttle for less boost to prevent FC and optain a maximun efficiency on the car. But it is just to hard to do and unpredictable. It is also difficult and dangerous because it requires for you to look at the boost gauge to make sure you are hitting the right boost band, look at the tach to see when to shift, moderate the throttle, the clutch speed, watch the road..ahem, track etc. So we came back, lowered the boost to 18-19psi and I am yet to test the car as of in today.

There is a tune to eliminate FC. It requires some work, but we are not sure of a few things. First FC is meant as a defense mechanism to prevent something from happening, so if you eliminate it, you eliminate it, the you are propense to...well...boom! But by raising a few psi's, which is our intended purpose, it should run just find and better w/o FC. Another thing, is that a BIG part of FC is cold weather. Over here in South Florida, we get weird weather. Like, last night, we were at 65, 72 during the day. Sometimes its 58 during the day and low 40s at night...today it was at 78 and now 72 and slowly making its way to 60s...but for how long is this really? I dont think it goes past february before we get hit with the first yearly heat wave lol, so I need to run the car to see if I get FC even with hot (mid 70s) weather.

Quick Reply: Tricky Outcome LOL