Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

whats up with the nsx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:57 PM
White2000GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: whats up with the nsx?

I think one of the reasons they are so expensive is that they weren't produced in massive quantities like most of the other Acura's and Honda's at the time. I think they are really nice, sleek looking cars and I would own one in a heartbeat if I could afford one. Sure, 290 hp isn't all that great, but it is a Honda engine... you know... V-TAK!!!!! Well, we all know what those things are capable of when you slap on a turbo or some NAWZZZ!! Sorry, had to speak a little of the ricer lingo, no reason, just because.
I remember driving back home from a camping trip in Arkansas many moons ago. I was just doddling on down the Interstate, minding my own business and driving the speed limit. I see a car coming up behind me in my rearview. Put my eyes back on the road for a brief second and then back into the rearview again and the car wasn't there anymore. Next thing I know this NSX comes blasting by me like I was standing still. The only sound I heard was "Whoosh!!" and the air that it displaced made my car rock a little bit, and then it was gone. I was totally flabbergasted! Think I may have creamed my pants a little too.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

Factoid: F1 great Ayrton Senna helped set up the suspension on those cars before his death.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:12 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

It can handle great, underpowered over priced. That said they looka lot better in person than they do in pictures. Put a lsx in it and you got a great car. [8D]
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

It seems like the previous NSXs weren't really updated that much throughout the years....but if they really do make a new one, watch out.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

I always thought the NSX's were sort of ugly and overpriced. They can be made fast and they handle awesomely but I would rather have aLotus for that price.

I like the seal of fail and how it was used so fast. lmao
Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

It can handle great, underpowered over priced. That said they looka lot better in person than they do in pictures. Put a lsx in it and you got a great car. [8D]
omgzzz... what happened to you. I haven't seen you in a long time. Seth's dumb *** hasn't done anything with your car since he blew the bottom end out, I'm pissed he has a car like that and he's just letting it sit.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

well.. i still don't think it explains why people are willing to pay so much for the 2002 nsx..(considering current alternatives)but.... i guessthey justwant to own a certain car.. i do remember my friends v6 mustang back in 96-98 we thought was pretty quick.. mmm... (btw.. that friend with his 94 v6 did some ridicilous stuff to it.. custom engine built in WV, s/c, something like the mystic paint job, 6 years in the making.. ive gotta get some pics and hp#s, should be ready anytime now for shows) and im sure if back then we had encountered an NSX we would have crapped ourselves... but that doesn't mean it still worth that much (although yeah, yeah, capitalism, things are worth what people are willing to pay for them)
Old 01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

They are nice looking cars up close, I don't think I would pay that much for one but definatly nice cars

There is a guy who works in the same building as me who drives one to work every once and a while (his other cars being a Hummer, a Range Rover and a SRT10 Viper[:@])
Old 01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

NSXs are rare cars. I like em personally and wouldnt mind owning one. Dads friend of mine had one fully built engine with twin turbos and that thing was ****ing sick.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

NSX's are great cars, they just kinda got left behind. When they came out in 1991, they were at the forefront of technology, and presented serious problems for Ferrari and Porsche. But time changed, the market changed, the competition changed, and alas, the NSX did not. By the time it reached it's later years, it was overpriced and underpowered. The reason they cost so much, is because they were mostly handbuilt by Honda in very low numbers. They also cost a lot to build. But because of their rarity, they hold their value fairly well, and they are still good performers to this day. They just don't offer what most people would expect a car w/ it's price to be capable of.

Performance wise, they were low 13 sec cars, but it was on the roadcourse where they shined. They were truely in their element in the twisties. They were pretty successful in Japan, and there were various trim-levels and models over there,like the NSX-R, and such.....

Whoever brought up Ayrton Sienna- He was directly responsible for much of R&D that went into the car. His input was much more involved than just the suspension. Alex Zanardi also helped w/ a limited edition one back in 1999.

Oh, and factoid # 2- The NSX was the first production car w/ an all-aluminum monocoque chassis and body.....

Quick Reply: whats up with the nsx?