Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

just ate a TRANS AM

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:50 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: just ate a TRANS AM

ORIGINAL: pony831

now how do u think i'll do vs a 02 gt eclipse with full exhaust and cai??
If its a 5spd and he can drive, it might be a good race. I know they can run high 14's with those mods, but the driver has to be good.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

i pwned a turbo eclipse the other night and my car is like 16 sec 1/4 kind of slow
First off, learn to type in English please. Second of all, you beat the driver of a turbo'd Eclipse, especially if you have a 16 second car.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

i pwned a turbo eclipse the other night and my car is like 16 sec 1/4 kind of slow
First off, learn to type in English please. Second of all, you beat the driver of a turbo'd Eclipse, especially if you have a 16 second car.
I don't know what he's driving, but if it's a stang (just guessing sincehisscreen name IS white07)and he's only running 16's it has to be a sixer, because unless it's an OLD gt, he would've been faster than 16's even with sh1tty driver mod.. He definitely beat the driver.. I've been pwned by an 03 GTS before, so if the guy in the eclipse was turbo'd he should've pwned him especially if he was driving one of the GSX's..
Old 03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

actually i did type in english. secondly no my car actually isnt a 16 sec car(get a sense of humor d!ck). eclipses are slower than *****. I have a full bolt on, geared s197 GT. sorry try again tomorrow dumbass.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

^^^^^ wouwouwowu easy easy boy, keep it civil or u will get banned.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

actually i did type in english. secondly no my car actually isnt a 16 sec car(get a sense of humor d!ck). eclipses are slower than *****. I have a full bolt on, geared s197 GT. sorry try again tomorrow dumbass.
LOL.. didn't look like english to me.. and second a turbo'd eclipse, provided it's properly modded, would spank a bolt on/geared S197. I've seen it happen, though that also depends on the drivers because eclipses are tricky to launch from a dig, especially the GSX's with the AWD. Third, the 16 sec quip didn't look like a joke either, so either be more obvious with the jokes or loose the ego.. You sound like a pizza-faced high school turd trying to use his car to make up for a lack of performance elsewhere.. If that's not so, then don't act like it in here.. There are plenty of people in here that probably have higher IQ's than you do, so I don't really think dumbass applies..

And by the way, I graduated from A&M in 98, so I know the Brazos valley area rather well.. When I come back from Iraq in August, how's about a race to prove thatbeastISN'T a 16-sec car? lolUniversity drive or Texas Ave? Or Hwy 6? I-45 and I-35 are sh1tty in that area unless they've fixed the roads since last summer..
Old 03-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

stock lt1's dyno at about 225 or so right? my buddies 90 gt with an intake and the cheapest headers you could find dynoed 235ish. i think it is reasonable to assume that these 2 cars stock would be a drivers race.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Ehhh.. I'd be the first to admit I'm not all that knowledgeable on stock LT1 info, but to the rear wheel that sounds about right.. It's probably a driver's race as you said, because the LT1 might have less for RWHP, but even in an LT1 it'll most likely have a better top end than the stang, if the rest of your buddie's engine is stock and all he's got is headers that is..Most of the 5.0's I've driven tend to fall flat on their face upon the top end of the powerband..I'd say from a dig the edge would go to the stang probably, but from a roll it's definitely a driver's race..
Old 03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Please don't post such big pics. It make reading the thread a pain in the ***.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

I have always been infatuated with the LT1 5.0 rivalry for two reasons. In '93 that's when the Camaro bit back in a big way and took over in every performance category. Also at the time my best friend bought a brand new '93 black on black (cloth, leather wasn't an option in '93) M6 Z28 with t-tops. At the time I had a '91 light titanium hatch that was set up for handling and was stock with 3.08's. Mine only had 45k on it at the time. I was running 45 series 245's and with the handling set up it launched for ****, even with the 3.08's. He would just rape me off the line and things got worse as the speedo climbed. He loved it and shoved it in my face any time we were cruising together (Bowtie>Blue Oval[:@]). That car became Godlike and took down damn near anything that wasn't a modded version of something (the look on the NSX drivers face was priceless!). Anyway, that was ages ago and now he's married with kids and drives a Hemi Durango but since it was his 1st musclecar and he bought it new he held onto it. I have my DD but got into another 5.0, this time a mint '93 notch with 92,000kms, not bad for the year. My car is tame comparedto almost everything on here but it makes for a good story. It has BBK shorty headers, off road H with "quiet" 3 chamber flows, MSD box, cap, and wires, March snorkeltube ram air and K&N conical, upgraded TB and MAF, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55's, short shifter, 1.73RR's, March underdrive pulley's, welded in subframes, Koni's and Suspesion Tech and full synthetics all around. The rear polished pony's are custom widened to accomodate 255 50's in the back without any rim spillover. Our cars are now mint examples of '93's and the story is a little different now. Although his car still fetches a higher resale price mine eats him alive from every race we try (with the exception of very high speed rolls, say 65 mph plus but that's not really racing). And it pisses him off something fierce. Digs are me soundly. My favourite roll is to be in 3rd between 2500-3000 then droppingsecond, He's mine easy. His bigger cube motor does better up top still but not enough to negate what I get early. I've got way lessthan half of what he paid into mine compared to what he paid new in '93so IMO the 5.0 still reigns supreme as the bang for the buck victor, a title everyone said it lost to the Z28 in '93. Sweet revenge between two old friends all these years later. And I'm aware that I've done some stuff to mineand he hasn't, it's just my opinion that I've done nothing Ford shouldn't have done the first time aroundand still be able to bring it inthousands cheaper. I still do love Z28's though so you LT1 guys relax...

Quick Reply: just ate a TRANS AM