Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Paxton Novi 2200 Supercharged GT vs. TA WS6

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:46 PM
empatho
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT vs. WS6

congrats on the kill, it must be nice to stomp on someone like that.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:07 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Nice run. Must be nice to have that much power I'm running 15lbs and you still have about ~230whp on me []But I'm just a 4 banger with a Heaton though.[>:]
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cobra443

It hit 11lbs at 6350rpms. I dont get over 10lbs which is around 6k rpms. Its running a pretty conservative tune.
so u are almost at the block limit and yet u are still under a conservative tune [8D], damn how much power can u squeeze from that blower
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Thats what I thought at first. Then when I picked up the stang I sat down and talked with the owner at Dyno Tuned Performance. He does all the tuning. Like everyone has said the tune is where its at. Right now I have the canned tune from Brenspeed and they have not had one single blowup with their paxton package on an otherwise stock mustang. The guys and DTP and I had a good discussion about my goals for the car. They said I could get up to about 510rwhp and run her hard and still be ok(always a risk though).There are nopromised or guarantees at this power level. They have a customer the is running 536rwhp in his 05 gt and they told him he is at the limit. Plain and simple he is on the edge and told him not to be surprised if it blows at anytime. They are the main shop around here and he only works with the SCT2. However I feel I am on the edge though. I do plan on going forged soon though. I am maxed out with my fuel system though, that is my mail concern at this time. So I am backing down the rev limiter. I dont take the car over 6k. It made the 477 at 6350 so I have plenty of power at 6k.
Who'd you talk to at DTP, Frank? I'm not sure if he owns the shop, but he pretty much runs their front office.. They're the guys that did the install and tune on the mach for me, so they're pretty on the money about most things.. 510 at the wheels does seem a little high, but the stock cast blocks on the 3v's are a little better at holding up under boost than the 2V's are.. It's the rods and the crank you'd need to be worried about though.. You're right, going forged is definitely a good idea for those power levels, as that's what I'm in the process of completing right now. Not to ***** your thread OP, but when you spoke to them, what kind of max limit on boost did they give you for the paxton kit you're running? Just curious..
Old 06-16-2008, 06:39 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I talked to Brent about the car. Frank does all the paperwork and stuff. They co own the shop. I dont remember the mechanics name, Brent just does the tuning. However the "kit" is at it limit. However the intercooler is good up to 900hp and I have seen the 2200 well over 600rwhp. I heard it was good up to 900+ as well. I just need fuel upgrades. Dual GT500 Pumps w/ BAP's is what I plan on doing when I go forged.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Damn, you got a pretty nice beast. Wouldn't mind riding in that.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

I talked to Brent about the car. Frank does all the paperwork and stuff. They co own the shop. I dont remember the mechanics name, Brent just does the tuning. However the "kit" is at it limit. However the intercooler is good up to 900hp and I have seen the 2200 well over 600rwhp. I heard it was good up to 900+ as well. I just need fuel upgrades. Dual GT500 Pumps w/ BAP's is what I plan on doing when I go forged.
Ahhh ok.. I never got to talk to Brent, but if he's doing all the tuning he probably did the tune for my Pro-Charger kit.. I knew the Paxton Novi's were able to push a little bit more in terms of boost than mine was, as the stage-2 P-1's top out at about 14psi because of impeller issues.. Definitely a very nice set up brudda.. The Dual GT500's is a good idea, but have you considered a linear pump like the Aeromotive? That's the one I was looking at when I get the rest of my forged internals installed..Not thatI've seen any that have had issues, but dual pumps canSOMETIMEScausesynchronization issues in the tune as far as running lean/rich when you hit boost, that kind of thing..That and a set of 60#'rs and a KB BAP.. Igot the info came from groundpounder, but after about 550RWHP you'll be taxing thte duty cycle of the 42#'rs so you'll need new injectors to get to, or over 600 broham..
Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I am going to do the dual GT500 pumps withthe BAP. 60LB Injectors, havent decided on fuel rails yet, I want to upgrade those as well. The reason I am set on the GT500 pumps is the fact that they are the #1 used. Therefore easier to tune since almost all tuners have had experience. Also that is what Brent recommended. Rule #1 is keep your tuner happy!

As far as paxton. Thats why I chose this kit for its single head unit application. I dont want to keep upgrading like w/ procharger. I wanted a really solid base that I could build around. Also this thing it quite the sleeper. It doesnt really whistle or anything at idle. Only thing noticable is when I get into the boost it sounds like a jet. I am super happy with what I have so far.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:23 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Nice, thats impressive with only a blower
Old 06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drhoward

Nice, thats impressive with only a blower
Thanks!