Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

stang vs civic POS

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:56 PM
CobraDrummer

Default stang vs civic POS

fist off, my dad sells used cars so he constantly has different ones.

ok so a couple months ago he brought home a 2002 v6 mustang(manual). this is the first mustang that he's owned in 20-30 some odd years. so me and my dad were crusin around and were at this stoplight (2 mile strait-away to the next light) and this mexican(no offense to anybody) and his girl friend rolls up next to us. he instantly reves his 4cyl POS, it had the cheese muffler that is loud as hell. i as my dad casually can i race? i expected a no but he said "this is the only time ill let you do this". so on green i dump the clutch at about 5000 rpms and burn some rubber and then smoke that mexican by 60 feet. so far thats my only race incounter with a mustang and it was fun as hell.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: stang vs civic POS

ORIGINAL: CobraDrummer

fist off, my dad sells used cars so he constantly has different ones.

ok so a couple months ago he brought home a 2002 v6 mustang(manual). this is the first mustang that he's owned in 20-30 some odd years. so me and my dad were crusin around and were at this stoplight (2 mile strait-away to the next light) and this mexican(no offense to anybody) and his girl friend rolls up next to us. he instantly reves his 4cyl POS, it had the cheese muffler that is loud as hell. i as my dad casually can i race? i expected a no but he said "this is the only time ill let you do this". so on green i dump the clutch at about 5000 rpms and burn some rubber and then smoke that mexican by 60 feet. so far thats my only race incounter with a mustang and it was fun as hell.
5K? Rev limiter hits at 4k. Do you have a chip in the car? 60ft at what? 1/4mile, next light...?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:07 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

dump the clutch at 5k? i highly doubt that. even in the v6 you won't get traction for awhile.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 AM
StangerGT
2nd Gear Member

yeah, and he would have one of those sweet one wheel burnouts. yeah dude i doubt that you dumped the clutch at 5k, you would thrash that car if you did that.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yeah, if i dumped the clutch at even 2500 in my 98 v6, i'd spin out really bad, and that thing was a slug.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:29 AM
2kConvMustang
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2002 V6, even tho the V6 just is not all that powerful, but If you dropped it from 5k , you would like it was said before you wouldn't get much traction and that Honda would of got the jump on you because they have no torque.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:35 AM

Whats worse is you only beat the POS Civic by a mere 60 feet. What is that? 3ish car lengths?

If you wanted stang power, you should have at least paid the price for those two extra cylinders since it seems you think your Stang is badass and all.

Care to race a Civic with an itty bitty b16 in it?

Old 05-04-2005, 02:38 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

Whats worse is you only beat the POS Civic by a mere 60 feet. What is that? 3ish car lengths?

If you wanted stang power, you should have at least paid the price for those two extra cylinders since it seems you think your Stang is badass and all.

You didn't read his whole post, It was a dealership car his dad brought home. He doesn't own it.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:50 AM

Either way, my point still stands.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:52 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

Either way, my point still stands.
WERD, take him down.....

Quick Reply: stang vs civic POS