Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Toasted a b20 civic hatch w/ bolt ons.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Default Toasted a b20 civic hatch w/ bolt ons.

I had a race set up for me a few days ago. My buddy and one of his friends were argueing about who's car was faster, but couldn't settle it because my friend had sold his car. my buddies car was a b16 swappedcrx with some bolt ons. I ran him in the 350Z and had beat his *** pretty good the first time we ran which was on a 40 mph punch, then the second time we ran it was about a 15 mph punch,he stuck with me a little better and actually pulled about a fender untill I shifted to 3rd and walked him.Anyhow, my friend told his friend that if he could hang with me or beat me, then his car would have beat the b16 swapped crx. His friend was talking **** and said he would at least hang if not beat me (told that to him but I never heard a word, so IDK.) Well, he came in the night before last and said that his buddy was out side and wanted to run and I agreed.

We started out on the highway and did a scouting run to make sure there were no cops around. Came back and started at a 40 hit. He gave the three beeps and to be honest, I have never beaten a car so badly, even in the turbo integra which is faster than the Z. I mean I instantly was putting cars on him and had about 6 or so cars by about 105 mph or so. I was like damn, maybe he missed a gear or something since I put so many CL on him so fast. We wanted to go again from a lower roll, which I knew was gonna favor me more so I don't know why he asked, but I obliged. We started from about a 15 mph roll, and he agian gave the three beeps. By the time I shut it down at 100 mph I had probably about 8 cars on him. I was shocked at how poorly it did untill I really sat down and thought about it when I was back home.

My buddy and his friends are total idiots when it comes to cars. They throw on CAIs exhaust, header, etc, and never, ever put on engine management. EM is one of the most important parts to any set up, and no matter how many times I tell my friend and some of his other friends, none of them either care or believe me. They all want fast cars but refuse to read up on the subject, which kinda baffles me. Whenever I get into something all I want to do is know more about it and read all I can but these wieners don't. They think they can just put this **** on and just be fast. Maybe you can do that **** on domestics and get away with it, but deffinatly not on imports. They are usually well tuned from the factory, and ****ing with anything requires a tune. I'm sure if the car had been tuned well it would have put up more of a fight, but I'm almost sure that all the bull**** he put on that car made it loose power instead of gain any. I'm sure it was running lean as hell. Anyway, sorry for ranting, I just hate to see these little bastards do that to a car that does have potential if they would just READ, and give the rest of us HONDA owners a bad rep. RANT OFF.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Toasted a b20 civic hatch w/ bolt ons.

Typical ricers... Good kill and well deserved!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

^^^ +1
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

For a second, I thought the OP raced his Acura...and I was kinda like "yeah no kiddin', that should have been an asswhuppin".

Nice kill.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

b20? You being a honda guy should know better than that.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Good kill buddy, was he tucking his tail or being decent about it??
Old 07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
05_SRT4_Tony
2nd Gear Member

This is kinda what happened with the Mirage I raced!

Good kill! Maybe the morons will try to tune something............
Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97tplsGT

Good kill buddy, was he tucking his tail or being decent about it??
Yeah, he was cool about it. As I said, he never said anything to me directly, just to his buddy. I don't actually know if he thought he was gonna win or what, but I'm assuming he thought he was going to hang. I thought he would hang for a second or so, to be honest. Yeah, I know the b20 isn't that powerful, but I figured with the added torque benifit that he would stay with me for a sec. Maybe they will try to tune the tuner cars eventually. Getting beat repeatadly has to get tireing. Hey Projectquick has your build going?
Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

My tuner is sitting around twidling his thumbs waiting for me to give him something. Right now I am thinking about getting some better flowing heads first, but the turbo is definatly on hold at least for a while because the money I had set aside for the car had to go to other things.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Your brother pay you back for the Shxt he ****ed up?

Quick Reply: Toasted a b20 civic hatch w/ bolt ons.